Heeelp air bag warning light

Renegade

Do you have stuff rolling around underneath the passenger seat? There's a connection under there that's pretty sensitive. Have a fiddle with all the connectors and then do the airbag light reset. Worked for me when I had this problem.

Dont do a engine reset yet till you have found the reason!! If you have or can get a ODBC scanner, this will tell you where the fault is... Your just getting rid of the fault not the cause...

Check the connectors under the seat and make sure nothing has become disconnected. Do this with the battery disconnected! Undo the plugs and put them back in again.

Also, do you have an aftermarket HU? If its not the seats it might be the connector that is around the HU into the passanger airbag, IIRC there is a connector behind the airvent / coffee cup holder...

Thanks all for your replies and thanks Mike for finding me that.Normally I look for things but as I said I was at work and could not really look.I checked the plugs it was still the same.I used the reset instructions and after a few goes it worked fine.If you have a flashing light it does not go off as the reset instructions say it just flashes.If you turn the ignition off as soon as the light blinks the first time and treat that as going out then it works . :teeth::yahoo:

• 1 month later...

i think i kind of got it sorted, moved the passenger seat forwards to check wires running up the back of the seat, they all seem to be intact, done the re-set and it was fine, went to go for a drive pulled the seat back and on came the light again, think i may have crushed the cables or something. pulled it forward again, off the glove box, re-set and its ok again. :wacko: think im going to get a pic of a nude young lady and put it on the dash, hopefully it will put the mot examiner off looking at the light on the dash ;)