Club trackday at Oulton Park Nov 18th

Steve H

Hi fellas

Trackaction-Online are running a trackday at Oulton on Nov 18 and we have agreed with Chris (Chesterfield) a discount for all 350Z forum members :kicking .

The event will be run on the full international circuit with an open pitlane and limited numbers so there will be plenty of tracktime available and there is free instruction for any that want it.

The list price for the event is £150 but forum members can get the discounted price of £120; this is about as cheap as Oulton gets - especially with an open pitlane so we are hoping to see a good number of Zs out there!

Trackaction-Online started off as a trackday enthusiasts forum and we try to run our club events with a friendly atmosphere to suit first time novices as well as us experienced track-monkeys so all will welcome B)

If you would like to come along, please post your name below and I'll sort out discounts and booking details. If you have any questions post them up and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Steve H

Cant make this one but for anyone who can this is a great deal. Driving on a track is a chance to see how you and the car can perform. Its not a race so dont feel that you have to be a fast driver with track experience to go along.

A great chance to learn what the zed can do :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly it costs about £10k more to hire the circuit in the middle of summer :headhurt: so we end up running driftdays in the peak season and trackdays when we can afford to hire the track and run at such low rates ;).

TBH, it's a bit of a gamble if you book a day at any time hoping for good weather, the only two wet trackdays I've done this year were both in mid-summer :excl:

Hi Fellas

Five days to go and we've decided to further reduce the maximum number that we will book for this event to try to guarantee no queueing for the drivers. As a result, there's now only about six places left avaialable so if anyone would like to book please let me know asap!

If spaces do remain, the on-line shop will be open until 8:00pm on Monday and we will sell any last places on the day but without discount.

For those that have booked, we will be sending out an info pack and indemnity forms by email over the weekend, if you haven't received yours by Sunday night please contact Phil on the Trackaction-Online forum.

Thanks

Steve H

Just back to Hull after a fab track day at Oulton park....v nice track with only one tricky corner.... my ps2s are knackered tho.....only 1 week old.... :headhurt:

Nice weather and especially after lunch break the track was nice and dry....think i did more than 40 laps and the hood was down all the time apparently!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My breaks kept letting me down tho....every 7-8 laps...it was frustrating.....i even span around in the middle of the track on my last lap of the day :scare:

Trying to negotiate that tricky corner with the wrong camber angle......my pedal hit the metal.....no brakes!!!!! :scare::rant::rant::rant:

All ok tho...thanks Steve!!! Had a fab day!!!!!! :yahoo::thumbs:

Thanks for those comments Christos, our main priorities on an event like this are are a smooth running day with no queues, a friendly atmosphere and plenty of tracktime - I think that we hit most of the marks on this one!

It was a bit lively in the morning when people hadn't realised quite how much we meant it when we said it would be slippy at druids :scare: but as everyone settled in and the line dried out the day just got better and better.

We had a nice variety of kit there...........

XSP_0009.jpg

XSP_0226.jpg

XSP_0071.jpg

I got a few laps in my Pug in the afternoon and thought that everyone seemed very courteous in allowing overtaking etc which I'm sure made the day better for everyone.

We are aiming to do more events next year with the same aims of reasonable cost, friendly atmosphere and maximum tracktime so hopefully we'll see even more of you then.

Thanks again for coming along!

Steve H