kinetix v+ plenum

hagar

Three words that I used to hate hearing but OH MY GOD.

Just fitted the plenum (cats awaiting install) and what a difference it makes. Its not perceived difference it is felt and heard difference.

Firstly the noise. I have standard exhaust and now with this you can hear a lovely rumble and burble at idle, as you raise the revs the noise is fantastic. Also there is now a nice sound from the front, cant wait to fit a pop charger for that added induction noise, for noise alone the mod has been worth it.

Driving, instantly the throttle feels crisper - at idle the slightest blip you can see the difference. On the road you can feel it too, now I've always mentioned that if you kick ESP in on the road you are not driving particularly smooth - but withouth changing my style I've had esp kick in twice today where before it didn't - this could be interesting!

I can't wait to fit the highflow cats but I suppose I should turn my attention to the fast wearing front pads before then ;)

If you are considering this upgrade whether for future big performance (FI) mods or not, seriously consider it fo the noise alone

yeah the Ace was good, I want to go back!!!

The system is a standard system, I dont see need to upgrade the system yet. The plenum has made a noticable noise difference so I wonder just what difference the cats will make?

my fazer is going up for sale soon ;)

Out of interest how easy did you find taking the Cats off? I've seen verying reports of easy to nightmare, how did you go about it, especially the bolts that point towards the engine?

I'm sure I saw a link on here the other day to a PDF for how to do this but I cannot find it at present