Nissan Data Scan

prometheus

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone has used the software mentioned above successfully on their UK Z?

I have an OBD cable and converted it to fit into the serial on my laptop, i've downloaded the software from their site http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php but when I connect it up it scans for the ECU but dosen't find it.

Just wondering if it is my cable or if it won't work with UK Zeds.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, 1.52 that is. I emailed Jason and it only works on z32's and below (that was after I bought a license, doh!). The new NDS II does work on Zed's but to get the most out of it you will need their cable, though it doesn't offer any more that the normal ELM OBD scanning software... shame really, guess ECU's were a lot more open in the past.

we offer a full diagnostic tool system that is direct plug and play

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?mode ... rodid=3399

it was conceived around the Z, but works on other Nissan models as well - full diagnostic scanner, allows you to adjust idle and timing, reset ecu codes, and datalog. I use this all the time on my own car, it is invaluable!

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone has used the software mentioned above successfully on their UK Z?

I have an OBD cable and converted it to fit into the serial on my laptop, i've downloaded the software from their site http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php but when I connect it up it scans for the ECU but dosen't find it.

Just wondering if it is my cable or if it won't work with UK Zeds.

Was it you that was asking about diagnostic software ages back? If so, at the time I did say that they were working on 350 as that's what he'd posted on the forum here many months back. The software was originally conceived around the Z32, given those guys are in the 300zx club in NZ. Jason is a good chap, he'll do his best to help you.

Anyway, seems Z1 have something to help.

Thanks for the reply's guys, just to note that if you look on their web site it says that it has been tested to work on the Z33 350.

Adam thanks for the link for the software, but at $400 I think it is too expensive for me, i have a OBDII and it lets me do the main things I need, was just hoping to get software that displayed it better.