Bose swap

dbryder

So, before I even got my import I bought a UK Bose headunit on Ebay.

I've never fitted it, I asked the main dealer in Guildford to once, but they said they couldnt as I didnt know the 'code'

The guy who sold it to me doesnt exist anymore it seems, as this was 18 months ago, and I'm kinda thinking about doing it myself and just seeing if it works as mine has a really bad skipping habit when cold atm.

Anyone know anything about this mysterious code I dont have? or was it a story I was told because they didnt want to swap it for me? :)

Cheers

David

So, before I even got my import I bought a UK Bose headunit on Ebay.

I've never fitted it, I asked the main dealer in Guildford to once, but they said they couldnt as I didnt know the 'code'

The guy who sold it to me doesnt exist anymore it seems, as this was 18 months ago, and I'm kinda thinking about doing it myself and just seeing if it works as mine has a really bad skipping habit when cold atm.

Anyone know anything about this mysterious code I dont have? or was it a story I was told because they didnt want to swap it for me? :)

Cheers

David

David, hi

There IS A CODE, i know this, as i have had my Bose lock up and eat my CDs :rant: Nissan had me wait for over an hour while they removed the unit to get the CODE, so they could order me a replacement, THAT WAS A MONTH AGO AND I STILL AINT GOT IT YET :rant::rant::rant:

Bloody Nissan :angry:

Sats

off topic - are you based in Guildford? I thought the Bose Units were linked to the ECU? (again maybe wrong though, why break a habit of a lifetime!) but there is a repair service on here. Just check you have the right colour as some of the JDM is a grey colour

• 5 months later...