Ever decreasing premiums ...

jonb

Hi - I've been ringing round getting quotes from the usual insurance recommendations. But the thing I've been struck by is that each and every one is always cheaper than the last. I've managed to get my quote down from £930 with a £450 excess to £734 with a £350 excess ... obviously with the exact same details each time ... only now I've run out of companies to call. Is it worth starting again at the top or does anyone have a longer list of companies that don't mind insuring modified cars. :teeth:

To be honest the amount shaved off each time has been decreasing, tending to zero eventually I imagine - and I doubt I'd be able to crack £700 without an insane excess and at least 5 more quotes. But in the space of a few painful hours of repeating my details in detail I've saved almost as much money as last years insurance (for a non-Z) was in total!

I can't believe car insurance is also a buyer's market ?! Is that possible ? Everyone buying 1-litre eco-band-wagons that cost 50p to insure because they can't get enough speed up to dent the plastic bodywork, leading to a severe shortage of juicy policies on 'big-boned' cars ?! :lol:

Insurance is cash up front, and financial institutions like it at the moment. Just expect a fight on your hands to get them to pay up for anything borderline. Also, the aging profile of cars is worsening as less and less new cars are being put on the road with the current credit stuff going on. So the value insured of their portfolios looks less.

I did find Chris Knott to be very good, one of the recent traders on here. Have you tried them?

Hi - I've been ringing round getting quotes from the usual insurance recommendations. But the thing I've been struck by is that each and every one is always cheaper than the last. I've managed to get my quote down from £930 with a £450 excess to £734 with a £350 excess ... obviously with the exact same details each time ... only now I've run out of companies to call. Is it worth starting again at the top or does anyone have a longer list of companies that don't mind insuring modified cars. :teeth:

To be honest the amount shaved off each time has been decreasing, tending to zero eventually I imagine - and I doubt I'd be able to crack £700 without an insane excess and at least 5 more quotes. But in the space of a few painful hours of repeating my details in detail I've saved almost as much money as last years insurance (for a non-Z) was in total!

I can't believe car insurance is also a buyer's market ?! Is that possible ? Everyone buying 1-litre eco-band-wagons that cost 50p to insure because they can't get enough speed up to dent the plastic bodywork, leading to a severe shortage of juicy policies on 'big-boned' cars ?! :lol:

I did the exact same as this with the G's insurance. Started at 9am with a £8600 wuote and finished at about 6pm with 3 brokers slashing £25 a time off their premium......ended up paying about £2400 in the end :)