1st go at HDR...

rmmackfc

I'm not the biggest fan of HDR, sometimes images look to much like CGI graphics, here's my attempt:

2750562310_3b7ab12fd6_o.jpg

If you have Photoshop Elements 6, there are some cool things you can do to RAW images. Here is cut out and below is glow:

2750561404_b108b08f11_o.jpg

2750561706_9cd4fc8718_o.jpg

I know how to make HDR images by taking multiple bracketed shots on my camera then having Photoshop work its magic to create and HDR image.

I'm not sure how to create HDR images from one shot though in photoshop, as mentioned by a few people in this thread. Could some kind soul post up a quick guide or point me in the right direction?

:blush:

If you have taken the shot in RAW mode on your camera, then you will usually find that the exposure setting can be adjusted on the existing image before playing with it in photoshop.

My Nikon takes raw images in NEF format, when I open these in Photoshop, Nikons software opens up first, allowing me to make the adjustments (exposure) then click open - when it opens in Photoshop it opens with the changes I just made in the Nikon software.

I then save this image as "under2.jpg" (for underexposed 2 stops), then repeat the process adjusting for the next image - under1.jpg, and so on until I get the required number of photos at the required exposure stops.

If its just a single JPG file I doubt it can be done. Once the detail in the highlights has been blown out, it cant be put back in afterward on a flat JPG image.

Not sure how it works in Photoshop, but for Photomatix you can just save 3 different named versions of the same photo, and start the creation process, you are then reminded that all 3 versions of the photo are the same exposure and asked if you would like to save then as bracketed shots and you can even select the bracket between 1/3 stop and 4 stops.

Hope this helps :)