Which portable MP3 player?

Removed

Please don't mention the Ipod as i know already about it. I want to know your views and suggestions about alternatives.

My requirements would be:

connectivity (possibly to an aftermarket unit on the Z too)

20GD hd

video playback would be nice

decent battery life (both before recharghing AND before binning it)

MP3 playability

other formats support would be nice

decent smallish size, but not too bothered.

Price same as if not cheaper than the Ipod video 5th gen 20GB which i found @ £180

cheers :)

I've got a Rio Karma. Lovely little unit and fantastic quality and battery life. Nice and small to. Only problem is they've stopped making them but there is still some on ebay. They did a cassette link to get into your car stereo.

Creative Labs range is as good as iPod for quality - you get the same storage as iPod but for a much cheaper price. Creative Labs Zen Touch 20gb - £150 on ebay

If your concerned about battery life, don't bother with a video one, just get a decent audio player.

iPod has the best aftermarket support, but it depends what your after. If you can live with navigating on the portable unit itself instead of your cars headunit, you should be able to use any player via the head units line in.

• 3 weeks later...

ended up with...... an Ipod :lol:

30Gig video one, simply beacuse the accessories are many many more for the ipod than the other choices, and also prices are not that different

I paid the Ipod £180 from Edinburgh Airport Dixon :)

Now for the Dension Ice link, I guess the only one that'll fit on our base unit will be the FM one as the plus goes on the CD changer socket that we haven't got (being cd changer within the headunit? ) ????