Mike Admin - Did I Miss The Announcement

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

It's a pity that most people take this kind of commitment for granted; being so much easier and more enjoyable to speak your mind :teeth:

I couldn't take it :teeth:

Nothing much escapes Dorians eagle eyes! :lol:

Its not so much of a "rank" thing, its more to do with the access levels to the software so various issues can be sorted when others are away.

We toyed with the possibility of having all the team set as admin, or all of us at moderator level with access to the "admin" tools.

We didnt want people to think that those with admin status were in any way more important to the forum than those with moderator status as may be the case with other forums on the net. But without tweaking the forum settings yet again we cant really acheive that.

I know you probably understand this more than others D, but just in case others didnt know, there it is :)

I think over time we have come to a point where we can speak our minds on the forums now without having to tioptoe round any particular subjects. :blush:

Its not so much of a "rank" thing, its more to do with the access levels to the software so various issues can be sorted when others are away.

We toyed with the possibility of having all the team set as admin, or all of us at moderator level with access to the "admin" tools.

We didnt want people to think that those with admin status were in any way more important to the forum than those with moderator status as may be the case with other forums on the net. But without tweaking the forum settings yet again we cant really acheive that.

I know you probably understand this more than others D, but just in case others didnt know, there it is :)

I think over time we have come to a point where we can speak our minds on the forums now without having to tioptoe round any particular subjects. :blush:

So basically Mike is better and more deserving than Beavis ? :blush::lol::p:p

So basically Mike is better and more deserving than Beavis ? :blush::lol::p:p

Of course he his. In my opinion and no doubt the opinion of many others i should have not become a mod in the first place, but others saw it differently. But i was part of getting the most zed's ever seen together on the public highway. ;)

Mike does way more than me in moderating the forum. :thumbs:

So am i bovvered :lol:

No - we are all the same, the admin tag just comes with being able to access the control panel needed to sort various things out, like move, add or change sections of the forum and also reset passwords and activate accounts etc.

In order to cut the possibility of overlap in changing things in the control panel and any of us making a mistake we try not to have too many people with that access, though to cover holidays and work commitments we need to ensure there are enough so as to ensure there is someone available to do the necessary when needed.