VIN help on Import

steve3000

Hello,

I need a bit of help here. Booking my 2003 Z in for a service in Cambridge nissan at the mo, also needs a new set of Aux belts, and they asked me for the VIN number or registration...

Gave them the registration, but it's not on their system (no surprise - I told them it's an import!). Gave them the VIN and they can't enter it on their system (are all JDM VINs in the Z33-012345 format?).

The guy tells me there are loads of options for the drive belts. Now I can't believe nissan have changed more than a couple of times in the lifetime of the Z, but he's convinced there are about 10 options per year...? :wacko:

Anyone had success in getting an import Z vin number understood by UK nissan?

Steve

mine starts Z33 so i presume they are all like that - i never realised there would be a problem - typical! Tim (lomoto) is the only person I can think of that might know as mentioned above but you'd think Nissan would know - useless muppets!

Hello,

I need a bit of help here. Booking my 2003 Z in for a service in Cambridge nissan at the mo, also needs a new set of Aux belts, and they asked me for the VIN number or registration...

Gave them the registration, but it's not on their system (no surprise - I told them it's an import!). Gave them the VIN and they can't enter it on their system (are all JDM VINs in the Z33-012345 format?).

The guy tells me there are loads of options for the drive belts. Now I can't believe nissan have changed more than a couple of times in the lifetime of the Z, but he's convinced there are about 10 options per year...? :wacko:

Anyone had success in getting an import Z vin number understood by UK nissan?

Steve

Not come accross any differences in the belts.

Part no's

11720-4P102

and

11920-AG900

vin off ours 233002156

2003 import

Best thing to do is get a belt and fit it urself or get a reputal garage to do it for you. I much prefere going to smaller garage where they take pride in their work, as their livelyhood depends on it. Not someone who is paid on a hourly rate and is more interested on how pi**ed they are gonna get in the evening with their mates. Best way is do it youself :teeth:

Thanks everyone - especially Phil for the numbers! :)

After a long discussion with Nissan (Marshalls Cambridge were very helpful actually!), we have worked out a way to get import Z details on their computers - just use the 18-digit 'Model No.' (including dashes at the end) rather than the VIN number - it's on the same chassis plate in the engine bay, just below the VIN.

Best thing to do is get a belt and fit it urself or get a reputal garage to do it for you.

I am tempted to try this myself actually, I've looked at the service manual, but it talks about using tension gauges etc. Does anyone have any tips on this or written a guide/how to?

Cheers,

Steve