Annoying Internal Rattle

Mick Lucioni

Hope nobody has found the same problem, picture this ... driving home along the twisty lane (and bumpy, cos the Council are too busy spending their money on twinning trips), notice this rattling noise. Seems to be coming from around the dash. Try tapping and holding various bits - no difference - not recommended when a tractor is approaching round the bend! Only later found that my sunglasses - in the nice little holder were rattling away like something out of a spaghetti western! ... Solution ... a) Get new glasses. B) Only drive when it is sunny. But I'm sure there are others that you will undoubtoubly let me know! B)

There seems to be quite a few comments on rattles, squeeks & creaks -I'm noticing a very strange creaking sound (faint) on occassions and usually accompanied by a faint squeeking - have got no idea what it is but it's really annoying me - anyone noticed this? Also squeeky rear breaks - can't seem to sort this one either!! Hope it's not due to the car being thuimped the other week!!

It's weird, the creak sounds suspension orientated (had it on my TT) the squeek is inside around the drivers side - really notice it when you are going on uneven road surfaces doing any speeds but it's only noticeable when all music and aircon etc... is off, just can't work it out???!!! arghhhhh!!! :yuck:

Nope! don't think so, wonder if it's something in the electrics dept? on the far right corner side of the dash (side vew so that you face it as you open the door) - just to the right of the TCS, and fuel opener buttons you have a section where originally two sections of plastic were joined together - I noticed these are not joined and leave a bit of a gap, however when you shut the door you can't see any of this so doubt that's the root of the problem?!! it's definately a faint sqeeking sound and I noticed it before I had the learner driver demolish my bumper so can't blame this on her! anyideas?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Sorry for waking up a long dead post, but on the subject of internal rattles I've got a horrible one in the tailgate area. Think it might be the nasty so-called tonneau cover behind the cross brace, but it is driving me potty. Any ideas before it put the missus in their and drive down a country lane to make her find it? (and no, I haven't left my sarnie box in the boot!)

SNAP--- mines just the same. Took everything out the boot area, mats, spare wheel, Nissan jack and tools and tywraped anything that made a noise when I pinged it. Also tywrapped and taped the plastic around the bracing strut. Guess what-----it’s just the same. We obviously think the same, because my next move was to bung the wife in there. Well I hope yours didn’t say some of the naughty things mine did. Can’t understand women![/url]

Not quite the same problem, but anyone have the problem of the small compartment roughly beghind the front passenger seat that vibrates a lot when the subwoofer is pounding? any ideas of how to stop this? Without the obvious of turning the base down!!

Ta

not quite sure of what you mean? like sticky pads?

Yeah, just tiny little round sticky pads, if the rattle is coming from the box behind the seats its more than likely the lid rattling against the housing - particularly when the bass is cranked and the plastic is resonating. So if you put some pads in each corner it could just cure your problem. Like I said, there's already some on the Z (at least there is on mine), open the mirror cover on the sun visor and you should see them on each corner of that