Tyre Sizes - Quick Question

Neil

Help :headhurt:

It's a long story so I will not go in to why I am asking this question, needless to say, I appear to have tyres that are too small for the new Alloys I have recently purchased and I need to change them.

I have 8.5 x 19" Front and 9.5 x 19" Rear Alloys (some of you have seen my new wheels ;) ), and I need some advice on the correct tyre size please.

The recommended sizes are 245/35-19 and 275/35-19, however, looking at the technical data, 255/35-19 and 285/35-19 seem to be a better option.

What have you guys fitted?

Thanks

Neil

The difference between these two sets as far as diameter is concerned is really extremely small to be noticed by anything. Other than that I would not go so wide on the front tyres especially...heavy and less precise steering among others, not to mention worse fuel consumption.

PS: As I told you in another post.... I love those wheels :D

The difference between these two sets as far as diameter is concerned is really extremely small to be noticed by anything. Other than that I would not go so wide on the front tyres especially...heavy and less precise steering among others, not to mention worse fuel consumption.

Neil,

You have the best size tyre for your wheel/car combination :thumbs:

At the moment I have 235/35-19 on the front and 265/30-19 on the back. I have been relialably informed by a few tyre manufacturer's that they are too small for the Alloy and gives incorrect information to the speedo and the TCS.

I thought of the 255/35 and 285/35 to try and offer a little protection to the Alloys if I got a bit close to the kerb. I am not sure these will fit the 8.5J and 9.5J width though as the recommended sizes are 245/35 and 275/35 respectfully.

This is why I asked what size you guys have on 19" Alloys.

Thanks fatalus and beavis for your input :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Neil,

At the moment I have 235/35-19 on the front and 265/30-19 on the back. I have been relialably informed by a few tyre manufacturer's that they are too small for the Alloy and gives incorrect information to the speedo and the TCS.

I thought of the 255/35 and 285/35 to try and offer a little protection to the Alloys if I got a bit close to the kerb. I am not sure these will fit the 8.5J and 9.5J width though as the recommended sizes are 245/35 and 275/35 respectfully.

If you look in the FAQs section, you will fidn a thread with a link to tyrebible - and in tyrebible one of the calculators enables you to find the max. tyre sizes which can fit on a given size rim :D

Neil,

Ahh sorry Neil i thought you had 245/35-19 and 275/35-19 fitted and were suggesting the other size you mentioned :blush:

These are the size on my nismo's and ideally this would be what you need on yours, so yes you may have tyres on which are not the ideal size for your rims ;)

Nismo 19" alloys with the recommended 245/35 and 275/35 toyo's. Had them for a few months and love them. Stick to the recommended sizes and you can't go wrong.

Thanks..

What is the 'J' of your rims mate? Are they 8.5J x 19" and 9.5J x 19"?

Last question....promise ;)

Nismo 19" alloys with the recommended 245/35 and 275/35 toyo's. Had them for a few months and love them. Stick to the recommended sizes and you can't go wrong.

Thanks..

What is the 'J' of your rims mate? Are they 8.5J x 19" and 9.5J x 19"?

Last question....promise ;)

Correct ! :thumbs: