Hideous weather in NZ, not so lovely today, lol!!

bronzee

Hi Bronzee, was wondering how you were getting on. Should be just about through by now. :D

Lol, all good, just showers today. But another predicted to hit tomorrow/Wednesday ish, hoping won't be with the same strenght.

The odd thing is, with the direction it was coming from some areas only 40kms away from me, hardly felt a thing, but in my area, up high, and the Easterly wind funneled through like no tomorrow. :lol:

Yes he is a kiwi lol we pinched him from u guys :lol: He wanted to work with the best rugby team in the world :blush::p On a serious note the kiwis will win the next game 4 sure

Hmm, not sure about the Kiwi's winning on Saturday, if they still have lots of new subs, might be the same again. Bored of it today, been hot topic on the radio today.

Hey Rob, hope your daughter is tucked up ok. We had the 3rd cyclone hit us in 7 days yesterday. All a bit crazy. Lots of debri everywhere. Winds are only gusting 150kms this time, thankfully. Even more torrential rain, so more trees have been falling, so much flooding, as the ground is totally sodden.

Roll on Spring and good weather. :lol:

A few photos I've found of some of the carnage. Some pretty incredible shots.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/multimedia/im ... ry_id=1720

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/multimedia/im ... ry_id=1727

Can't show individual links from the above site, but anything that looks flooded or severely damaged is from the last week, from around the country, as a few of you asked for pictures.

I hope all of you who have family and friends in Kiwiland, that they're all ok.

Wow things look really bad. I hope when it's all over that your Government clear it up quicker than they are in the US after Hurricane Katrina.

Our lot here are about as effective as a wet blanket, too many ulterior motives to be quick and effective. :lol:

Just about all of them not some of them, but then which ones would you keep :wacko:

Looks devastated, the green stuff will grow back fast enough though but the rest of it will take some clearing and forgetting.

Pretty much all of the except Boris, we need him to sort the olympics out :lol:

Just about all of them not some of them, but then which ones would you keep :wacko:

Looks devastated, the green stuff will grow back fast enough though but the rest of it will take some clearing and forgetting.

Pretty much all of the except Boris, we need him to sort the olympics out :lol:

For entertainment purposes you mean, thought BoJo was an amusing nickname some of the others have for him. Maybe he is just mis-understood.

Would you like us to send some of our politicians to sort it out, you can keep them :lol:

Lol, this is NZ not Auz. You can keep your convicts. :p:lol: Running to hide from Jay. :p:surrender::lol:

Flooding is the worst part, as it takes so long to drain. Quite a number of houses slipping down hills, in a number of areas. And today we have our 4th storm in less than 2 weeks.

Please bottle some sunshine and blue sky poste haste to NZ. ;)

Flooding is indeed terrible we've had a few localised ones over the years and it takes an enormous time to recover from them.

There's a pub in one of our local villages that has the typical marks and water height on the walls for different floods, the highest is about 5' above the floor.

It amazes me that you still have power, we had winds gusting to 20 miles an hour and a quick shower yesterday, and a power cut again :headhurt:

Goodness, that's only about a 35km wind. Are your power lines above ground, ie on power poles??

It amazes me that you still have power, we had winds gusting to 20 miles an hour and a quick shower yesterday, and a power cut again :headhurt:

Goodness, that's only about a 35km wind. Are your power lines above ground, ie on power poles??

No, they are underground, the village looks like we have been attacked by giant moles :lol:

There's a pub in one of our local villages that has the typical marks and water height on the walls for different floods, the highest is about 5' above the floor.

Geepers. :scare: Is that near a lock??

No lock anywhere near, the river is a relatively small one and there is a bridge over it, which acted a bit like a dam, quite common to have a couple feet of water over the road and into car park in the winter.

I should have taken a picture a few years ago when the car park had 1 car in it and you could only see the roof, very hard to identify what the car was from just a roof outline and nothing else.

the village looks like we have been attacked by giant moles :lol:

Wholey moley. :lol:

No lock anywhere near, the river is a relatively small one and there is a bridge over it, which acted a bit like a dam, quite common to have a couple feet of water over the road and into car park in the winter.

I should have taken a picture a few years ago when the car park had 1 car in it and you could only see the roof, very hard to identify what the car was from just a roof outline and nothing else.

Poor people.