Seibon CF bonnet fitting

IanS16

Just picked up my Seibon CF bonnet and although im pretty impressed, it seems to sit quite a bit highr that the OEM one. Leaves a gap that when driving you can actually see through and out the side. Ripped the rubber seals off my old one as i heard its best to fit them but there are no holes for the poppers!

So how do I lower it? (if i can)

And should i drill holes to fit the rubber seals??

Glad you got home OK Ian, been watching the golf and had visions of the wind ripping it off.

Never got as far as fitting one yet so will let others give you the gen.

:D

Yeah.. really nice, thanks! Also big thanks to Liz, couldn't have done it without her! Oh and say sorry again for leaving my old bonnet :lol:

Not a problem bud, we have a few things to go and the scrappy collects, shes also very nice :D

Cant get to my car yet so cant have a look, is the gap because one side of the bonnet is higher than the wing vertically in which case can you adjust the mount near the windscreen. Somebody clever will be along soon.

Not a problem bud, we have a few things to go and the scrappy collects, shes also very nice :D

Cant get to my car yet so cant have a look, is the gap because one side of the bonnet is higher than the wing vertically in which case can you adjust the mount near the windscreen. Somebody clever will be along soon.

Yeah that's it, didn't know you could adjust it vertically, only horizontal!

To be totally honest I haven't looked properly, really knackered after the 6 hour drive! :yawn:

Ok newswseller.. i'll have another look at the holes!

Trev, sorry i know :worthless: but i haven't got a camera at the min! Basically, its fine at the bonnet catch but all around the other 2 edges it sits bout 3mm higher than the other panels and leaves an obvious gap

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I had a Seibon bonnet a few years ago on my Z and I had to remove the strut brace to get it to sit properly. I'm sure they've changed now, but could be worth a look.

Hope you get it sorted.

Joe

Hi Joe

How's things? Still got the AM V8?

Unfortunately, Ian's car has been written off so the bonnet's no longer a problem. :headhurt:

Hi,

I had a Seibon bonnet a few years ago on my Z and I had to remove the strut brace to get it to sit properly. I'm sure they've changed now, but could be worth a look.

Hope you get it sorted.

Joe

I can confirm that this is right.. i noticed that the strut brace had marks (almost like burn marks) where the bonnet was touching it. I had also had a plenum spacer installed which makes the strut brace sit higher though!

What is the car like without a strut brace though? surely it feels a bit floppy or there would be no reason for it?

Hi Joe

Unfortunately, Ian's car has been written off so the bonnet's no longer a problem. :headhurt:

Hi Mate!!

Yeh i'm good thanks, busy as always!!!!

Nah, got rid of the Aston ages ago!! Had a Gallardo for about a year then have just got a 360 Spider to tart about in!! Just fitted the 20's and the Novitec zorst is on order :teeth:

Still got a soft spot in my heart for the Z though (hence I still troll the forums from time to time!!)

I can confirm that this is right.. i noticed that the strut brace had marks (almost like burn marks) where the bonnet was touching it. I had also had a plenum spacer installed which makes the strut brace sit higher though!

What is the car like without a strut brace though? surely it feels a bit floppy or there would be no reason for it?

Yeh, it's fairly slack from Seibon that it doesn't fit with out the mod, but honestly, I noticed absolutely no difference at all without the strut brace and I drove it fairly hard....... B) Sorry to hear about the write off though. :scare:

Hi Joe

Hi Mate!!

Yeh i'm good thanks, busy as always!!!!

Nah, got rid of the Aston ages ago!! Had a Gallardo for about a year then have just got a 360 Spider to tart about in!! Just fitted the 20's and the Novitec zorst is on order :teeth:

Still got a soft spot in my heart for the Z though (hence I still troll the forums from time to time!!)

Yeh, it's fairly slack from Seibon that it doesn't fit with out the mod, but honestly, I noticed absolutely no difference at all without the strut brace and I drove it fairly hard....... B) Sorry to hear about the write off though. :scare:

Sorry to hijack Ian's thread but...

:worthless:

hehe :p

Apologies for the crap pics then, they're the only ones i've got with the new rims. Will get up on the moors next time the sun is out and take some proper ones.

I just need to drop it a bit now I think. Oh, and give it a good clean!!!

fez2.jpg

fez1.jpg