burning smell

TT Convert

I fitted my own at the weekend, and there is no smell of any burning, also never came across any glue during the install.

Only thing I would think that it could be is the ISO Thermal gasket, it has to be soaked in engine oil before install, it will be the one that gets hot, and maybe if there was alot of oil put on the gasket it may burn off. Only a thought.

Ha Brilliant!

Me neither, do hear a change in the note of the exhaust though for the better.

I suppose it only apparently gives you between 11 -15 WHP and considering that as a % of overall BHP then it would be hard to notice the difference.

Bit like sheep, people say it's the only mod that has an effect and everybody runs out and gets one, but sure something extra to put in our signatures:D

Well I only installed it on sunday, and am working in London for the next 2 months so really haven't had a chance to have a long run in it, but so far not a massive difference, better 'racier' sound to the exhaust though.

Would love to stick a cold air induction system and NISMO exhaust in but really don't want to hear how much the insurance company would like for the privilage, at least the motordyne is stealthy to the common eye.

Burning smell is not good, but if its dissapearing then I guess theres not a lot you can do! Definately didnt get it when mine was fitted at Phils last year.

Also, you might miss the difference the plenum spacer makes if you are used to driving more spiritedly. I do a lot of m-way miles and notice the difference quite considerable. M-way cruising you can put your foot down and get a noticably bigger punt in mid range. If I drove it like I stole it everywhere though, I dont think I'd notice.

ive certianly noticed an increase in mid range pull since having mine fitted. especially in 2nd - 3rd gear changes at about 3.5k rpm upwards, the misses also commented on the difference,

I will be at santapod on the 16th August to prove it one way or another with an after mod run, so hoping to beat 14 seconds (pre mod run), if i dont then ill be blaming the amount of pies consumed between going.

:)