Short shift from ESR

TT Convert

Ok I have fitted a new short shift from Bigphil @ESR, Took about 3 hours of messing about (pain in the arse) after We got it all back together again I found 1 major problem, the gear box now goes into reverse without pushing the nob down. We have tried everything to get it working the way it should but No couldnt do it. I suppose its not that big of a worry as you can defo feel the difference near reverse and would never put it in unless drunk, wich isnt a good idea driving a 'zed'. All in all it feals alot smothers and alot less 'clunky' worth the messing if you ask me, but like I say the only down side is the reverse situation.

Ok I have fitted a new short shift from Bigphil @ESR, Took about 3 hours of messing about (pain in the arse) after We got it all back together again I found 1 major problem, the gear box now goes into reverse without pushing the nob down. We have tried everything to get it working the way it should but No couldnt do it. I suppose its not that big of a worry as you can defo feel the difference near reverse and would never put it in unless drunk, wich isnt a good idea driving a 'zed'. All in all it feals alot smothers and alot less 'clunky' worth the messing if you ask me, but like I say the only down side is the reverse situation.

Something not quite right there, the other we trial fitted ourselves has no reverse issues.

We will have a look this week to see if we can identify what may be wrong.

Yea thas wot i did, put it in 5th or 6th and push it close so that it basically touches, then it shoudl clear,, thing is, then the fat bit on the shifter hits too and it doesnt go all the way in?

u have to propa play around with it to get it right, i hated my short shifter :\