Private plate for sale

hagar

Dont worry - quite a few of us dont think you are a scammer, but if it is the first time people have seen something like this, it does make the seller (you) look like a scammer.

The first time I saw something like this, I thought the person was a scammer, but it seems the websites are the ones pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

I've seen websites offering my plates for sale before, I dont know how they are allowed to do it. The probably aren't, but do it anyway just to make their site look as if they have some stock.

Im guessing that most of these sites own very few plates, and just try to buy if someone puts an order in. If they cant get hold of the plate, they just write back to the bidder and say "sorry its already sold".

I think this should be raised with the DVLA, as people are more likely to believe a "shop" or website, than they are an individual. Therefor as per this instance it has clearly resulted in people thinking less of your character becuase of their advertising.

Indirect defamation of character?