MY NEW SETUP

kashz

hi dropped my car of at audio place the wait began 10 hours ago i should be picking it up on friday anyways the goodies i am getting installed

JL AUDIO

1 X 13W7 JL

1 X 1000/1 JL AUDIO AMP

2 X JL AUDIO ZR650

1 X 450/4 JL AUDIO AMP

PHONEX GOLD RCA LEADS

RED TOP BATTERY

0 GAUGE POWER CABLES

20 FARAD DIRECTED POWER CAP

1 FARAD DIRECTED POWER CAP

ALOT OF SOUND DEADNING :D

KENWOOD DDX I FORGOT ITS A DOUBLE DIN DVD SCREEN ETC

I JUST CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT AND FEEL IT

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT MY ICE SETUP

no split charging just the battery upfront my power caps should take care of everything else... iv got 2 pics sent to my phone but i dont no how to get them on yet .. so ill try my best tomoz basically the guy has stripped the whole inside of the boot even the z bar because he has started sound deadning today they not the best pics but atleast its sumfin the guy is sendin pics to my phone as i asked for a daily report lol the gargage is 45 mins away so the next time i go down will be to collect my car or should i say speaker on wheels ...... the setup on amps is a bit like madmarky as i wanted a shelf but i got two in one amp rack and shelf lol the sub wouldnt fit under the z bar so there taking the spare wheel etc out and have the sub at an angele facing the rear window its a bit complicated to explain pictures will explain in a thousand words .. just have to wait untill its done

Nice kit selection, weakest link probably the headunit IMO. With time spent setting it up (as much as the headunit will allow) you should get a pretty decent sound!

The caps won't do the job of a split charge, completely different, and the 1000/1 / 13W7 combo will draw a lot of current so keep an eye on the battery level when listening without the engine running!

How are you powering the front speakers? Active with the 4 channel amp and then use the headunit for the rears? Or passive? Personally I would feed the fronts more than 75w per channel with a 13W7 behind your head. :)

Looking forward to the pictures! :thumbs:

im running everything of the amps the h/u i have got a eq cross over thing which setsup behind the h/u somewhere but the guy said i dnt really need it so ?........... iv also got a alpine phantom (for sale) but it wont look good in the din if you no what i mean ..........

I really wouldn't bother running the rear speakers off the JL amp - your chosen amp will give you the ability to run the fronts active, or I would swap the 450/4 for a 300/2 and give the ZR's the right power to control them as much as the W7. Just IMO of course. :)

The amps also have built in crossovers which can be used, so that might be what he was referring to. But you will need an EQ to set it up when it is installed.

If you mean the Phantom face headunit (Alpine CDA-7998R?) then a) that will sound awesome if you used it, and secondly if it is for sale, drop me a PM! :)

the alpine is a serious bit of kit you have to know how to use it for the best sound it took me a nearly 6 weeks to sus it out lol iv never used a kenwood before i am clueless to setting 1 up .... i heard they are very confusing :rant:

the alpine is a serious bit of kit you have to know how to use it for the best sound it took me a nearly 6 weeks to sus it out lol iv never used a kenwood before i am clueless to setting 1 up .... i heard they are very confusing :rant:

I know, I competed with one for 3 years and know the EQ inside out. ;)

I agree with H5s comments about the front stage. With a W7 behind you rear speakers are not worth it. Spend the money amping the front speakers and you will be more than happy. The final sound will be much better.

With the Amp & speakers you have I would go active on the front which will give you much more control.

You could also switch the head unit to a W505 or W502 (if you can get hold of one) and then use the Alpine IMPRINT setup which although will not match a system that has had lots of time spend on it will probably give you as good a result if you only spent a short while playing a around with it.

iv had a phone call from the guys who are doing my setup etc .. they should be finishing of today hopefully... anyways they said to me it sound awesome but theres alot of rattle even tho they sound proofed most of the car so they have left the sub level below 30% so the bass is not at full potential damn :angry:

Not sure I agree with that comment. Normally the clips are designed so they are held in fairly snugly. The poppers will apear loose when the panel is off the door but once clicked in there would not be much movement.

So they saying the whole car rattles?

well not the whole car the boot area pictures would explain a thousand words.... if i pick car up today ill get sum picks up.... as soon as you open boot there is a sub facing you (you basically have a birdseye view of the sub )... they said the magnet was to big and there was only one real option for the box... so just waiting for the phone call :headhurt:

I'd debate that with them. What they really mean is they can't be bothered to find and fix all the rattles. Probably because they've run out of time and have another job waiting to come in or something.

Sounds like you'll need to get yourself a test tone CD and go round and fix them all yourself. If it is indeed the clips that are rattling in the plastic panels then it's an easy but somewhat time consuming fix with insulating tape.

That said, I'd be surprised if you could hear any rattles with a W7 going full pelt behind you! Turn it up and it'll drown them out!!!

they would do it if they could.. its my third car im getting done now they wouldnt play me about as they know money isnt an issue when it comes to clarity ... well ill just have to wait and hear it with my own ears lol .. the last few hours of the wait always acts more effective than the days lol ..