P3 and some ESR upgrades

Toon Chris

Phil scores on my bank account even when on holiday :lol:

A P3 with new plugs is enough money but I took the opportunity to have a Y-pipe fitted to match up with the 5zigen, and a plenum spacer for good luck. Some dimpled EBC front disks were also strapped on.

The brakes are much firmer and although they are still bedding in a bit, the stopping power now seems to be what I would expect with the DS2500 pads. Those old disks must have been pretty knacked.

The Y pipe is a *must* with the 5zigen. The loud drone at 2.5k revs (just where you sit the revs if you are pootling around) has now gone. Well actually it is still there when you floor it, it has just mellowed away for the part-throttle which is just what you want. Tone has really improved all round.

The spacer seems to have given much better torque. At last, a mod that really works :yahoo: Mid-range torque is noticeably effective :teeth: but the nicest thing is that everything now seems so effortless with the car just gliding around and purring, but put your foot down and wahayyy!!! Instant Fun!

One puzzling thing is that when really pushing hard there is an odd, faint whistling coming from somewhere. It's not bad, actually it sounds quite good, but I can't work out where it is coming from. Anyone with any of my mods got something similar? It could be more flow through the Y, the pop-charger or the plenum - I just can't tell !

As usual the service and quality of work was excellent and once again a glowing recommendation for ESR. :throb: