Insurance Question

ab20000

Yes. Otherwise should you wish to make a claim the assessor will mention them and the insurance company will say that you failed to disclose modifications which may have effected their decision to provide you with a policy and try to avoid paying out. Could be a very expensive mistake. :)

Guest prescience
This may be a stupid question but here goes - do I need to declare all mods for my car to my insurance company? I'm specifically talking about minor cosmetic items - lip spoiler, skirts etc.

Thanks,

Those mods are unlikely to make a difference to the premium. On the reverse side, don't give them a route to shaft you :D

depends on your age and who you're insured with though.

Direct line dont let you have any modifications if you're under 25... i phoned up once trying o imsure my black BMW, and mentioned it had tinted windows - then they said they couldnt insure me. So i hung up and phoned back a few hours later - and neglected to mention anything else... :blush:

Apparently they want £37 which although isn't loads of money it's still a bit of a joke in my opinion - then again they wanted £71 each for a new exhaust and induction kit so it didn't suprise me - decided against those for now.

its usually 10% of your policy price for each mod, well thas wot it was wen i enqired a few yrs bak :p

My insurance company want an extra £100 on top of my premium for my Nismo rear spoiler :rant: I've had a few quotes and they still come out at the cheapest so far. Anyone got any suggestions as to who I could try?