My first go with 2 buckets

paulroberts

Well I've never had a new car before so never really bothered doing the washing thing properly, but I had enough time tonight to give it a quick rinse and wash, no time for polish or wax unfortunately, but I did the 2 buckets thing using a proper wash mitt, then rinsed and dried with a microfibre and I'm amazed how good it looks compared to previous efforts.

I also used soft water and that seems to have made a hell of a difference too. No nasty water stains this time.

I was astounded by how much crap there was at the bottom of the rinse bucket, and the water was black. The soap bucket had nothing in the bottom so this method quite clearly has it's merits.

One thing I've noticed in the past is that you only truly get to know a car when you wash it, and tonight I found a tiny nick in the paintwork on the drivers door. It's tiny but the car is only 4 weeks old so I was pretty annoyed when I found it. I can only surmise that someone has scratched it walking past (it could be the kids that cycle past it on their way to the playing field by my house). My fingernail catches on it so it's pretty deep, but you wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out - trouble is I know it's there. :(

Are there any miracle products on the market that can "rub out" these kinds of scratches?

One thing I've noticed in the past is that you only truly get to know a car when you wash it, and tonight I found a tiny nick in the paintwork on the drivers door. It's tiny but the car is only 4 weeks old so I was pretty annoyed when I found it. I can only surmise that someone has scratched it walking past (it could be the kids that cycle past it on their way to the playing field by my house). My fingernail catches on it so it's pretty deep, but you wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out - trouble is I know it's there. :(

I have the same problem.I have never washed and looked after a car before like I do the Zed.I have found tiny parking nicks in the doors and a minute scratch on the boot.Nobody else can see them till I point them out but I can see them and it pisses me off. :angry:

Still wash the damn thing twice a week though. :lol:

Good to see you taking the washing lark seriously. I've just invested in clear buckets to aid the minging water and debris spotting..... Yes I am that sad! :p

That and using a good product makes all the difference.

I gave my landie a good wash last week and it came up much better than I thought!

For the first year of having my Zed it only got washed by the locals Kosovans so I could kid myself that it wasn't covered in stone chips. By the time I started washing it I could have cried....

I got bored of having nothing exciting to clean at the weekend and clay barred my A3 for the first time since I bought and probably the first time in its existence.

My god :scare: The paint felt like sandpaper beforehand and afterwards the clay was completely black :scare::surrender:

Glad you found the benefits quickly Paul! I am about to get some Poorboys swirl remover and try it out on the Fiesta. Will let you know how it goes. Offer is still there if you need any help. :)

Glad you found the benefits quickly Paul! I am about to get some Poorboys swirl remover and try it out on the Fiesta. Will let you know how it goes. Offer is still there if you need any help. :)

Cheers Rob, I haven't forgotten - maybe sometime over the summer? I guess we need a day when it's not too sunny though as I don't have any shade round my place (almost need a gazebo to keep the sun off it - hmmm there's an idea!). :-)

Cheers,

Paul