Does a Bicycle fit in your 350z

Mark V

I have had my 350z for about 12 months now, i am a keen cyclist and found the only way to fit my bike in the car is taking both wheels off the bike which is no problem, i remove the spare wheel and the boot floor from the car, and slide my bike in from the front of the car, thats the only way i can think of to fit the bike in, as the rear brace in the boot is just that little bit too low for my bike to slide under without removing the boot floor and the spare wheel. Has anyone else tried to put a bike in their 350z as i would love to hear how they have done it?

Crikey, I wouldnt have even attempted that.

Im amazed a bike fits. I seriously doubt my bike would fit ina Z, its a Kona Hoss. (Made for those who arent afraid of carbs apparently)

As above, I would have presumed a bike rack (one made for cars without tow brackets) would have been a better option and less hastle?

Although I am always wary of those racks that rest on the glass of the rear window, especially as the glass on the Z is at such an angle.

Thanks guys for the idea's. Yes i did think about a bike rack but i am not 100% keen on one sitting on the rear window of my Z. I did see a chap at a cycle event put his bike into his Z it looked so easy but before i could go over to ask him how he did it he was driving off! Its not any bother really to fit the bike in as i now use the car with the spare wheel out all the time i have bought two cans of tyre weld to replace it!

After some searching on the net i have found a company in the USA called Bird Automotive they do a bike rack that mounts on the back of the 350z you have to fix a bracket to a metal beam inside the rear bumper! Has anyone seen one of these bike racks in the UK? As i would love to know if they are any good or not!

My bike fitted straight in the passenger seat, no problem at all!

Well i say no problem, she wasn't keen on the Yellow Paint at first but she grew to love it. Then i struggled to get her out.

Now the cars gone the bike doesn't get out much, sometimes she'll walk to the shops but mainly stays in the kitchen or bedroom.

:D