Manchester this weekend (14th June)

Stew

I'm in Manchester this weekend. Jayne and her sister are going to see Boyzone to remember days gone by and I'm going to drink.....

Her sisters boyfriend might be going but not too sure. So I'll be out in Manc land alone on the pi55. Cool! B)

It doesn't bother me going out alone but if anyone fancies meeting up for a natter (and beer) then it'd be cool.

Anyone fancy a pint or anything?

I'm in Manchester this weekend. Jayne and her sister are going to see Boyzone to remember days gone by and I'm going to drink.....

Her sisters boyfriend might be going but not too sure. So I'll be out in Manc land alone on the pi55. Cool!

It doesn't bother me going out alone but if anyone fancies meeting up for a natter (and beer) then it'd be cool.

Anyone fancy a pint or anything?

Unfortunately put my name down for on-call support this weekend (gotta feed the Chancellors pocket somehow!) :angry:

So cant have a drink but happy to meet up and see you fall over - :drunk: - although may have to buzz off if I get a phone call and cant lie my out of not doing any work! :lol: (Not that I would I'm a dedicated pro) :(

I'll PM you my mobbie in a sec - but let us know roughly where and what time Stew? :thumbs:

Replied Stan. Good lad!

Well not being a local I'm not sure where. Anytime after 7 for time. Jaynes concert thing is at MEN at 7 so I'll wander down from there. Either somewhere in the printworks or some other easy to find bar!

I'm Scottish so not too fussy as long as there is drink!

I know it's mega short notice but would be good if anyone fancies......

I'll probably be able to keep you company! Stan - give my mobile a text when you have sorted out venue. What about Zinc bar to start off ? I can make it for around 7 - 7.30 with a bit of luck.

Will do matey - :thumbs:

Well I'll just go where I'm told as I'm the tourist. As long as I can walk from the centre I'll be OK.

Would be awesome if we can get a few Zedheads together.

Once again, I promise I won't wear my Kilt.... :p

Once again, I promise I won't wear my Kilt....

How do you know I wont!! :lol: I dont even have a kilt - which is worse!!

Hey Stew best bit is I am not on call anymore so I can have a few shandies - metro link here I come - let us know where your about and I will meet you there? :thumbs:

Zinc is opposite PRINTWORKS, and one of the first decent bars on edge of town near MEN arena. Part of the 'Triangle' centre. Start there as an easy meeting point and then Mancs' yer oyster

Good idea Drew - if everyone meets up here initially say 19:30??? What do you think Stew? - ( I dont have everyones mobbie but they have mine :scare: ) then we can go to a few others such as Sinclairs mentioned earlier?

(Hey Stew if you want the best Kebab shop in town - Turkish Delight in Chorlton -hmmm maybe I should take the van - everyone can pile in the back its comfy - ply lined!! (just kidding!!) ) :lol:

Zinc Bar & Grill - The Triangle, Hanging Ditch, Manchester, M4 3TR map

Jasper Conran’s Zinc Bar & Grill is located in Manchester’s designer Triangle Shopping Centre, opposite The Printworks. It’s a popular high class bar without the pretentiousness found in others around the city. With a great selection of cocktails and a wonderful food menu, Zinc is a great place to chill out and watch Manchester drift by!

Cocktails

Food (British)

Opening Times: Mon-Thurs 10am-11pm / Fri & Sat 10am-2am / Sun 12pm-10:30pm

Sinclair’s Oyster Bar - 2 Cathedral Gates, Manchester, M3 1SW map

One of the oldest surviving buildings in central Manchester, sharing an outdoor seating area with the Old Wellington Inn, which was also moved to this new location following the 1996 IRA bomb. Offering a wide range of traditional beers, real ales, spirits and a lovely traditional English menu, Sinclair’s has a great atmosphere and is always very busy - especially on warm Summer days or MEN Arena concert nights. And yes, they do sell Oysters!

Real Ale

Food (British)

That's it. It's entered in my calendar on my pda phone thingy.

Zinc bar - 19:30 :teeth:

The Scotsman will get the first round in!!! (just so you remember and don't go on about tight Scots!)

They do Haggis kebabs Stan?

They are realy friendly family run business been going for years I recon if you asked nicely they probably would! also deep fried Mars if you really want!

Hey where is Martinmac - he should pop in on his way home - he is ready to get home apparently he told me :fool:

That's it. It's entered in my calendar on my pda phone thingy.

Zinc bar - 19:30 :teeth:

The Scotsman will get the first round in!!! (just so you remember and don't go on about tight Scots!)

Just don't go asking for 3 pints of 'Heavy'. ;)

Drew you been watching too many Billy Connolly DVD's!! ha ha ha (we'll have 2 pints of Crem Dumont then!)

Hey Stew stick this in the Forum Calendar and get Ze Modskis to pop an announcment in - a micro Zed meet but without Zeds !!! :lol:

Look forward to see you all tomorrow then - only thing I have to get the P155heads tram express - public transport - joy :surrender:

I'm going to take Scottish money with me though! Always a laugh! :lol:

Mr Connolly lives about 30 mins from me actually. He knows the finer locations in the land! ;)