original 350z badge - metal or plastic?

relentless

Hi,

Im about to remove the fairlady badge. You couldnt get a more blokey car than a 350z and i dont think the "fairlady" badge fits imo. Besides that, it sound completely gay! (nevermind the fact that ive since become the butt of many a joke!)

So im gonna get the hairdyer and dental floss out and start sawing (any tips btw?)

Ive seem a replacement from JDM for about £30 which is plastic, but are the orignal 350z badges also plastic or are they metal?

cheers

Mark

You'll get the OEM 350Z badges from any Nissan dealer for about that price. They are all made of plastic with a metallic paint coating I think.

They come with a little template to ensure that the separate numbers are all lined up properly. When I did mine, I just left the original Z badge on and replaced the rest. The spare Z badge is now on my cubby in the centre console. :thumbs:

cheers.

Ive just removed the "fairlady" badge, using hair dryer and tar spot remover, but i can still see the outline of the "Z" when looking close. All the glue has gone but it seems that the area "outside" of the Z is sort of matt. Whats the chances of me rubbing too much and removing the clearcoat in that area? I just used a cloth. Its the area which you would struggle to clean properly if you were cleaning it with the badge still on.

cheers.

Ive just removed the "fairlady" badge, using hair dryer and tar spot remover, but i can still see the outline of the "Z" when looking close. All the glue has gone but it seems that the area "outside" of the Z is sort of matt. Whats the chances of me rubbing too much and removing the clearcoat in that area? I just used a cloth. Its the area which you would struggle to clean properly.

just give it a quick polish with some T-Cut or similar , the outline will disappear

cheers.

Ive just removed the "fairlady" badge, using hair dryer and tar spot remover, but i can still see the outline of the "Z" when looking close. All the glue has gone but it seems that the area "outside" of the Z is sort of matt. Whats the chances of me rubbing too much and removing the clearcoat in that area? I just used a cloth. Its the area which you would struggle to clean properly if you were cleaning it with the badge still on.

Just use some polish to remove the shadeing, something like Autoglym super resin will work well, we have some of the badges you want which came off a new car today just need some new sticky on the back which we have as well , your welcome to them if you want them.

we have some of the badges you want which came off a new car today just need some new sticky on the back which we have as well , your welcome to them if you want them.

A trip to motormania tomorrow then i think!

Phil, that would be really great if you could let me have the 350Z badge and adhesive - ill have to return the favour somehow. :D

(private message sent)

Mark

Hi,

Im about to remove the fairlady badge. You couldnt get a more blokey car than a 350z and i dont think the "fairlady" badge fits imo. Besides that, it sound completely gay! (nevermind the fact that ive since become the butt of many a joke!) Mark

I'm sure Nixy and Bronzee will have something to say about that :scare: And possibly Louis too :p