Windscreen replacement availability in UK!!

N15MNO-Daron

My JDM windscreen was cracked after some pincher threw a brick on it..

Autoglass have spent over a month trying to track down a windscreen black trim kit. They tried all their sources inclu local nissan dealers without success.

Apparently JDM windscreens are different to UK models.. and v difficult to source repalcements NOT GOOD!!!

Im surprised, you should defo be able to get one through a dealer. . . .

i wouldn t rely just on autoglasses words to be honest. . . .

I hear a while back that JDM ones can come with a heater element in them while UK ones dont, but i have never hear of a problem getting them.

JAmie

Have a good search on here - there was a thread on this last year some time I'm sure. I think there is a problem about getting a replacement with the windscreen heater but you should be able to get an ordinary screen OK.

i honestly yhink that you can, like i say, do a search o here for windscreen under the name 'Ricka' and ull see that he also had this.

I canno think what it is for though. its not GPS, ans the antenna is behind the seat, its not for the phone surely, as UK cars have that as an option but done have it. Do you have any additional buttons that you 'dont know what they do#, near your ESP button?

J

Finally arrived after 4 weeks!!!!

Also the Autoglass guys messed it up..on their systems they are stated as Chrome replacement trims but in actual fact they came in normal black colour.

Was fitted yesterday..and definately not heating element in the glass..its an antenna for something but still dont know what. They plugged it in for me anyway just incase.

Sorry No additional buttons on sterring wheel or near ESP button so maybe its just for the non functional jap sat nav?