Nightmare On Wheels

Leenx

Nightmare Saturday just gone! Finished debadging the Fairlady Z, and replacing with the 350, then came the full valet works, inside and out, followed by changing the Jap reg holder to the UK. Admiring the finished product, then out of the blue a learner driver - straight into the front bumper - broken lights, hammered bumper, new reg plate etc.....!!! How unlucky?! :scare:

Anyways got their tel number - they are happy to pay the damage but can't see it being cheap!! hope they don't deny when it comes to sorting! totally gutted - but no-ones fault I suppose!!! :wacko:

Most Import owners go for the nismo spoiler as an insurance option.

Sorry to here it has happened but if the insurance is paying then i would buy the copy nismo side skirts off ebay (£80) and get the repairer to do a spray deal at the same time as the repair to the front.

Hopefully every cloud !!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice again!! (I will be giving back I promise - as soon as I am fully used to car )

It's only the front bumper that needs replacing. I do have Xenons with the Zed (thought all came with this as standard?) so only concern as stated is whether it will be a biatch to get hold of a replacement bumper as mine does / did not have the washer jets for the xenons!!! If I get the repairer to order a UK bumper will this still fit? or do I need to have the Washer jet function added as well?

Grrrrr!!!!!

Thanks al!

Just a thought, and I could be talking rubbish, but...

Couldn't you just get a UK front bumper (with the holes for the headlamp washers) and then stick the headlamp washer covers over the holes?

Obviously they wont work, but it gets around the problem of holes or a pig of a job getting the JDM bumper.

Guys

I'm going tonight to get a quote and want the work done asap, it won't be an insurance jjob as the father whose daughter crashed into me would rather not get them involved, what would be cheaper? a standard UK bumper / Japanese standard UK bumper? or a Nismo front bumper? thing is I know what I'm like - if the Nismo bumper is cost effective then I'd want to at some point get the rest of the car Nismo'ed!!! What d ya think?