Quick question about replacing the Bose

willo

Guys, looking to replace my HU at some point and have ordered the ROEM so I can use the existing speakers and amp. Well I received the ROEM today but no instructions! Been searching the site but can't find out which end goes where.

Am I right in thinking that I need to splice the wires (2) that go into my HU and plug in the sockets (3) to the amp or the other way round?? :wacko:

IMG_0843.jpg

Hi there,

I keep flirting with the idea of changing my Bose but it seems to be working fine in the warmer weather! I must admit I’m dying to get my Ipod connected…

Here are some the links I've read... Sorry I can't offer any first hand experience but I'm sure someone will chip in.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Portal:Stereo

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/ste ... 03_05P.htm

Cheers,

Matt

I **Think** you splice number 2 into number 1 & then 3 goes into the amp. Its been over a year since I fitted mine & can't fully remember :blush:

My bose was a bit jumpy & had no ipod link.

Cheers, I managed to work out which end goes where, just need to figure how I'm going to wire the other PAC unit I have for steering wheel control. I do miss not being able to control my ipod through the HU.

Blue meanie, I don't have a huge problem with the Bose HU, it's just nice to have all my load of albums on tap. Plus I'm getting bored of burning CD's. Mind you it wouldn't be so bad if the Bose was MP3 compatible.

What do people have against the Bose system? Granted, it's not a techno thumper unit, but the sound is perfectly fine for actually listening to music. Folks in the states hate it too.

If you ever find yourself near a properly installed and set-up aftermarket sound system, take your favourite CD along and listen. The answer will be there to hear.

What gets people with BOSE, is it is portrayed as an upmarket product, when in fact all they are is a marketing company that stick their name on other people's products. The equipment in the Zed is low quality Clarion stuff (they do actually make some nice stuff) but the fact they still insist on using 1970's technology (tape player!) in what they call a premium set-up is insane.

But for many, it is perfectly acceptable, you're right. But it is not premium! :)

Okay, got round to installing my new HU today. Wired up the PAC unit to a standard ISO block and plugged everything in.

The HU comes to life but no sound!! I did notice there was no power but as soon as the aerial was plugged I had power. Am I right in thinking I haven't grounded the HU? The black wire from the HU needs to be grounded?

you have to plug the blue wire out the back of your new head unit to the blue on the bose adaptor, its the 'remote' line, that tells the amp to turn on.

dave

Cheers mate. I'll give it a go tomorrow, hopefully patience will have come back.

By the way, :welcome: