Wow I love my car :)

markyp

Had my zed for 3days and all I can say is oh........my...........god

Im in love! Cost me about £250 in Petrol but its amazing!!

Was driving along and a bird must of @*!# near the car, it got sucked in the window and splattered the top of the seatbelt and all over the back bar thing / window!. My own fault for trying to be cheap and having the window open instead of the aircon on :)

My mate works for a main stealer and got me the UK disk for the satnav today as well as the nissan parts CD UK & Japan. Stuck the UK disk in and it started speaking in japanese saying stuff like 'problemo with disk'.

Are there any hacks out there to make this DVD work?

Assuming its a birdview satnav form an ordely queue behind me. Didnt speak japanes but came up with dik error.

Sounds more like the disk is not compatable with a JDM unit though if thats what you have.

The disk that he gave me was the 'birdview' one and the thing in the car I guess is the JDM one (has TV and such) and from memory the DVD in there says something else but still stamped with Nissan if that helps?

Reckon its worth hanging onto that birdview DVD?

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting a UK DVD drive for the X-Trail from a breakers. They swap right over - minus a few connections for TV and stuff - and then it just works.

I did a photo installation guide at the other forums.

What's the deal with that? Can I post links to it or do I not?

I ended up getting a UK DVD drive for the X-Trail from a breakers. They swap right over - minus a few connections for TV and stuff - and then it just works.

I did a photo installation guide at the other forums.

What's the deal with that? Can I post links to it or do I not?

We don't censor links or references to the OC here but as we have a guides section we would welcome you rehashing it this side rather than just linking. I appreciate that would be more effort but it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs: