Main Stealer Prices !!!

Dan

The Z4M just hit 10,000 miles so I decided to get it into BMW for it's first service, even though the service indicator was showing 1800 miles remaining.

Anyway, the first service is simply an Oil and Filter change, and change the Air Con Micro Filter.

Can you guess the bill ?

Including my "trade" discount the bill was £257.

The Oil was £81, Oil Filter £16 and the Micro Filter £24.

So that leaves £137 for labour.

Anyway, I wanted the BMW stamp in my book to help sell the car, and I've convinced myself it runs sweeter with it's new Oil, like we all do LOL

I'm off this weekend and quite fancy the Highlands again....

We had two cars, a Seat Leon and Seat Altea serviced at the local Seat dealership a couple of months ago.

The difference between the bills was £20, when inspected closer the difference was on the oil.

The part numbers were exactly the same for both cars - not that I expected any different, as they have the same engine, chassis and everything else other than the body panels.

The dealers first answer when I called was - they are different cars so thats why sir - obvously before I enlightened him that I knew a little about the cars in question.

"So what it boils down to is that you charged me £20 more for oil in one vehicle because it has a bigger boot?"

After some "errs" and "erms" they said that it was "menu pricing" set by Seat and thats how the prices were created. I instructed them that if they wanted to see any of our company vehicles again, they had better get someone from Seat to call me and explain why a bigger boot on the Altea warrants £20 more being charged for the same oil.

I got a cheque for the £20 within a couple of days.

They still wont see the cars again though because of their attitude.

£220 for Oil, sump plug and filter. :dry:

Well I must admit I was pleasantly impressed with the service. I was treated very courteously and while I was waiting I looked around the showroom at the posh shiny metal and was approached by two very pleasant salesmen - not at the same time mind you !

I made a casual enquiry about a brand new Z4 3.0Si Roadster and was offered a test drive ( he offered to try and track one down for me to drive as they didn't have one ) and part ex valuation on my car.

I love going to dealership as a "punter" and like to see how they do the job compared to my staff, and yes overall I was impressed.

Have to say though, I was there 2 hours which dragged on a bit. I would have been having words with my lot if they kept someone waiting that long for an Oil change...

Well I must admit I was pleasantly impressed with the service. I was treated very courteously and while I was waiting I looked around the showroom at the posh shiny metal and was approached by two very pleasant salesmen - not at the same time mind you !

I made a casual enquiry about a brand new Z4 3.0Si Roadster and was offered a test drive ( he offered to try and track one down for me to drive as they didn't have one ) and part ex valuation on my car.

I love going to dealership as a "punter" and like to see how they do the job compared to my staff, and yes overall I was impressed.

Have to say though, I was there 2 hours which dragged on a bit. I would have been having words with my lot if they kept someone waiting that long for an Oil change...

So how much is your Z4M now?

So how much is your Z4M now?

I have it advertised at £26,995, however I think it might be too cheap :p

Seriously, there are private advertisers asking £29,995 for similar cars, which is where mine started at 5,000 miles ago. I absolutely love the car, dynamically it's very impressive - I thrashed bikers with it on Sunday and not many cars can do that - however I would not buy another ( edit, yes I would ! ).

Why ? I hear you ask !!!

Well, because it's very "focused". Totally hardcore, rock hard suspension, notchy gearchange, only really makes sense when you drive it hard and crank the 430w Stereo way up. For most people, most of the time, the 3.0 litre model would be a better car - I think I would LOVE a 3.0 litre model.

And the price premium from the 3.0 litre to the M Sport is £12,000 new. However on the odd occasion where I take it out with a mission and wring it's neck it really does take no prisoners. And it's also a very nice feeling when you encounter another Z4, plenty of them about, but I've never seen another M Sport model B)