What a struggle that was!!

toffeeman

I thought I'd treat my Zed (Louis's old Zed) to some new boots all round. I only wanted Toyo Proxes T1-R's as they seem to represent a good balance between price and performance. I had no idea how much of a struggle it would turn out to be!!

The fronts (225 x 45 x 18) were a doddle to get, but the rears (245 x 45 x 18) were an absolute nightmare. I must have talked to loads of companies over two days trying to locate the rears. Apparently a container ship docked last week with 10 of this size tyre onboard but they were all accounted for so I couldn't have them. I was told I'd have to wait 12wks for another shipment.

I manage to locate some from a company that hadn't updated their computer which said "out of stock" but they had some in the warehouse.

Has anybody tried to get Toyo Proxes T1-R's recently? Where are they all? Does the nations Zed's have them?

I'm happy now at least...

Craig.

Hey Dude, how is Ayesha treating you?

Strange you had trouble, im sure Andy on here sells tyres and has some? I could be wrong though.

Hey Louis,

Ayesha is doing great. Apart from the ridiculous price of petrol and an 80 litre fuel tank she's perfect. I never thought to try Andy. I'm looking forward to see how much better the Toyo's are compared to the original Bridgestones.

Craig.

Yep, thats the company that I'm getting my tyres from. Their website says "In Stock", their local computer says "Out of Stock". They checked their warehouse and they have a few left, two of which are mine. I spoke to Brian who works there and he couldn't have been more helpful. Most online websites claim to have these tyres in stock until you actually phone them and find out that they don't.

Hey Dude, how is Ayesha treating you?

Strange you had trouble, im sure Andy on here sells tyres and has some? I could be wrong though.

Hey Louis,

Ayesha is doing great. Apart from the ridiculous price of petrol and an 80 litre fuel tank she's perfect. I never thought to try Andy. I'm looking forward to see how much better the Toyo's are compared to the original Bridgestones.

Craig.

Good to hear mate :thumbs: