The Pod Report

Hi all, just thought I would post some pics up if anyone is interested.

Was a great day, my first properly dragging a car that can 'shift'...

ran 5 times, 1st time was 15.1 which after taking TC off and getting the tyres nice and hot I got down to 14.001, there is obviously a 13.8ish somewhere in the car but as i get better im sure ill break 14 :)

Car handled it well, used hardly any oil, tyres were ok, maybe had the pressure a bit high but we will see,

Thanks to mike from the zclub who entered me into their drag competition and gave me some tips along the way.

PodHoon021.jpg

PodHoon020.jpg

PodHoon014.jpg

PodHoon024.jpg

One more mention, the car performed very well, the pull from standstill with sticky rubber is immense,

ta

steve

the bridgestone potenza's. which i wouldnt rate that highly, especially in the wet, however i span the back wheels up to the start line which basically scrubbed them and got a load of other peoples hot tread attached to it :)

seemed to work well, people there were suggesting i dropped the tyre pressure but i didnt...

thoughts?

aye :)

i also beat 2 clio/williams stripped out with a lot of mods.

didnt beat the 4.7L camaro i raced tho :(

Tut, amateur! :lol:

Looks like a good day.

My ESR sticker on my engine cover adds 4500bhp so that funny car woulda been mine too! :boxing:

lotuscc, i reckon the zed is capable of a 13.8, when i was driving it still wasnt convinced on the lauch, and i managed to terminal faster on a slower time so there is obviously something funky going on with my Launch V Gear changing :)

Was a great day, wanted a before/after visit to big phils.

ill probably put a few more runs in before going all the way to sunderland and back,

lotuscc, i reckon the zed is capable of a 13.8, when i was driving it still wasnt convinced on the lauch, and i managed to terminal faster on a slower time so there is obviously something funky going on with my Launch V Gear changing :)

Was a great day, wanted a before/after visit to big phils.

ill probably put a few more runs in before going all the way to sunderland and back,

Hi. What you planning on having done at Big Phils? I see the next RWYB is 31st June. Might pop down if the weather is good.

still deciding at the moment, list so far

plenum spacer

pop charger (possibly)

exhaust (the esr own one)

coilover set

possibly brakes (depending how i get on round silverstone in a couple of weeks)

Tyres (would like to get some nice sticky tyres for good weather)

Appreciate most of these wont make any difference to drag times but will be interesting none the less :)

Id like to shed some weight from it as well but with only two seats and my inbuilt fear of getting a flat tyre that isnt easy :)

Stuey, that NSX is B) does she use that for competition stuff or is the spoiler for show?

still deciding at the moment, list so far

plenum spacer

pop charger (possibly)

exhaust (the esr own one)

coilover set

possibly brakes (depending how i get on round silverstone in a couple of weeks)

Tyres (would like to get some nice sticky tyres for good weather)

Appreciate most of these wont make any difference to drag times but will be interesting none the less :)

Id like to shed some weight from it as well but with only two seats and my inbuilt fear of getting a flat tyre that isnt easy :)

Stuey, that NSX is B) does she use that for competition stuff or is the spoiler for show?

Plenum spacer and exhaust will you a few bhp, and the exhaust will save you some KGs. Standard induction on the Rev-up is viewed as very efficient so any changes here won't help bhp. EBC yellow pads are just about the best pad upgrade (I found countless rave reviews) and they don't squeal at all. See you on track at Silverstone.