Dodgy Brakes?

IanS16

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, 2 days ago I noticed that while driving along, there was a squeaking noise coming from my front left wheel while moving. Since then it hasnt stopped.

(It almost sounds like there is a chick under the wheel arch chirping)

I've tried to find out where the noise is coming from exactly but obviously I cant get any closer to the wheel than the driving seat while it is squeaking.

I took the car to a pressure wash and sprayed the brakes to see if it is a build up of muck but that didn't sort it. I cant see anything wrong either.

Just thought i'd see if anybody else has had this problem and i'm hoping (i have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever) that this is a dodgy brake disk or something and not a broken wheel bearing.

Any help would be much appreciated

Its not too loud when driving around but then if i apply the brakes lightly it gets louder.

If i brake at normal pressure the noise goes away until i lift my foot off the brakes again.

Hope its not something too bad..

Possibly the pads then as some aftermarket ones squeek, however would not explain why they do that when you are not braking.

Im sure someone will be along in a minute who knows what they are talking about :thumbs: