whirring noise when braking - handbrake cable?

lithebod

Hi all, trying to get to the bottom of this problem I am having with my JDM 350 - got the front brakes and pads replaced and while there I asked the guy to tighten the handbrake cable (well thats what I think he did) as the handbrake was very loose -

ever since then there is a strange "whirring noise" almost like a quack! - wondered if anyone had experienced this peculiar noise and if it is an over tightned handbrake cable how to I go about adjusting this

thanks

I get the same thing.. i just changed to redstuff brakes all round.. i thought it just means they didnt apply enough copper grease to the edges.. when i break makes strange sound like u mentioned.

Or might be just need to break into the new pads?

Go to kwik fit for free check asap!

• 4 weeks later...

update on this - had a mechanic inspect the car and couldnt find anything handbrake related- so I took the car back to Elite Direct where I bought them from - and they just put it down to a "characteristic" of the EBC sports discs - having done a bit of googling it seems that alot of people have this same noise - some describing it as sounding like a field of crickets which does sound familar!

Anyhow it looks like I am stuck with the ridiculous noise unless I junk these expensive discs and replace them with standard ones

No more EBC for me -utter rubbish!