LHD to RHD conversion

Caldrin

Hi all been a while since I have been on here.. 

I currently live in Spain but looking to move back to the UK later this year.
Have recently had a full rebuild done on my 350z with forged pistons, new clutch with solid flywheel and so on.. Also car is totally rust free.. 

So was thinking maybe I transport it back over to the UK and look at grabbing spares or repair 350z in the UK and looking at doing a LHD to RHD conversion.. but then thought well last time I even considered doing anything like this it was a car from the 80s lol so a lot less messing around.. 

Anyone know what would be involved? might end up just pulling the engine and taking that with me lol.. 

I guess dash, seats, hand break, pedals, break master cylinder , steering rack and I guess ECU and wiring loom would need to get swapped as well .

But yeah thinking more about it as it would then be classed as an import as well so insurance is always going ot be more expensive.. Maybe i just sell over here and look for a good example in the UK haha cant decide. 

Edited by Caldrin

The easiest way would be to take the engine out, have that shipped here, replace it with a standard engine and sell it in Spain. 

Once you're here, find an equivalent rust free example and put the engine in. 

With the amount of money and time you're going to spend on converting it, you may as well get a new one here and use the funds to upgrade that rather than a conversion. 

Yeah that is the way I was leaning as well.. would make more sense.

Was looking at some 350z for sale in the UK and there does seem to be a good selection of low milage ones for decent money.. 

Secondhand cars in Spain keep their value well so think it makes sense for me to sell here and buy there.

Thanks