strange insurance phenomenon part 2

nixy

Following on from my post about my insurance coming down when adding my husband with 3 points for speeding - I did some quotes for the mondeo we got at the weekend and came across another wierd thing - we were going to just insure it 3rd party fire and theft but when I did the quote it was cheaper to do it fully comp! That was with both tesco and direct line - how come?

We're insuring in Mike's name and he doesn't have a no claims as he's usually in a company car so I did a quote with zero no claims - then I discovered he can get a years no claims from his employer so I put 1 year in and the price went up! Now I'm really confused.com!

It is all down to the perception of risk by the insurance underwriters. Each have different groups that they will insure and take on the risk.

In your case it may be that those that have older cars and insure 3rd party in their experience take less care and are more likely to be the cause of accidents when claims against them are made by other insures/drivers.

Alwaysconfused.com ;)

I had a similar situation when sourcing insurance for the Lambo. Got it for £2300 in the end but then I wanted to insure my A3 as a second car on third party fire and theft they wanted over £1000 which was £300 more than I was paying for my zed with fully comp :wacko:

I swear there is just no consistency between the criteria each company uses and it certainly doesn't follow logic, take my £10k quote yesterday as an example! :wacko:

My first quote for the G was £12,800 :lol:

As crazy as these quotes are, you have to presume they do it because they can snag the odd idiot! :lol: