Boot release switch (not poppers)

Jay カレー

So I have an issue with the boot release. It’s a HR and I understand the DE had a switch up front which I don’t, just the bumper one. 

I’ve just received a replacement boot release assembly with an actuator (tested with 12v and it works so that’s good) as I think the original owner must have removed it for some reason?? 

However when I plug it in the release button still doesn’t do anything.

What I can understand is the wiring. It seems to go from the actuator red/blue and black wires down to the bumper where there’s a grey terminal plug.

From the plug it comes out black and red but doesn’t go to the boot switch it goes to the numberplate lights and two other wires green/white and pink go to the release switch???  

Any help would be amazing 😂 surely the Button hasn’t broken, I can hear it make contact when I press but just doesn’t do anything.. 

C8F0C06A-E172-4B49-A11D-027DD7DFB9F8.jpeg

6CEC8111-51E4-44B3-85C2-2C53AD4C1248.jpeg

UPDATE!! 

So the replacement switch arrived today and… THE BOOT SWITCH OPENS THE BOOT!!!

However…. It’s not 100% fixed so I suspect maybe the poppers need doing aswell but the actuator now works every time you press the button so very pleased with that :) 

On 21/06/2023 at 18:41, Jay カレー said:

So I have an issue with the boot release. It’s a HR and I understand the DE had a switch up front which I don’t, just the bumper one. 

I couldn't follow any of this above, however happy your reappearing switch now works with the replacement actuator.

Edited by davey_83