Clutch biting point issues.

Hayd350

Morning all,

I don't have the technical know how to diagnose this issue so i'm reaching out to those that do.

350z HR, new clutch and slave cylinder 30k miles ago. Recently once the car has warmed up the biting point for the clutch seems raised. It's throwing me out and i'm constantly fighting to prevent stalling. Could this be a  master cylinder related issue? The fact that it's absolutely fine when it's cold makes me think there's potentially a leaky seal / valve or something. I'll be honest i don't know if the fliud gets warm or wether it's a pressurised system. As i say, i'm not that technical.

Any help would be appreciated, it's getting embarassing more than anything as it's maybe me look like i just don't know how to drive.

Hayd.

• 1 month later...

Had my car in for some suspension bits with a view to bleeding the clutch at the same time. Mechanic suggested the blead valve was seized and didn't want to push it incase it cracked something on the slave. Suggested i have a new slave on standby just incase which seems a little extreme to me considering it's location. Is it a metal valve in a plastic housing? Either way i'm no further forward.

Uprated CSC when i moved to the Extreme clutch kit about 30k miles ago.

Instruct the garage to use an induction heater to free off the bleed nipple if it is seized.

I have bled hundreds of the 350Z DE and HR models and have encountered tight bleed nipples but never seized to the point of them snapping if you proceed with caution.

On 14/07/2023 at 15:20, ZMANALEX said:

Instruct the garage to use an induction heater to free off the bleed nipple if it is seized.

I have bled hundreds of the 350Z DE and HR models and have encountered tight bleed nipples but never seized to the point of them snapping if you proceed with caution.

Awesome. I'll do that. To be honest they dealt with so many seized chassis bolts on the W brace and Kidneys that i think they just reached their limit when they got to the clutch so sacked it off. Appreciate your input as always. 👍