Front Alignment is way out on one side

BarryTea

Hey folks,

I'm wondering if somebody could help me diagnose this issue. I plan on going to a different alignment place over the weekend but for now I just want to figure out if maybe a bushing could be worn on my Z.

I've installed tein coilovers and also adjustable rear arms (camber and traction). The car isn't slammed, there's still some gap between the wheel and arches but my alignment is way out, the alignment guy couldn't get it set today.

I'm mostly concerned about the front, it's now -2.85 on the left side only. Any idea if this could be a bad bushing on the front left? Is there a common bushing that affects camber?

TIA folks.

1681206985695.png

having done multiple alignment setups i can say this:

Your car will pull to the right on a flat road as both right side wheels have more positive camber than the left.

it might not be so apparent on single lane roads as these are usually cambered to the left for drainage etc. but on a motorway it will be annoying.

They have given you a very safe toe setup with toe in front and rear which stabilizes the car but not that great for turn in and response, ie it will feel a bit numb

If you don't have adjustable front camber arms I don't know how they have changed the front camber as there is no oem adjustment so as you say it points to something else that is an issue, like worn bushes, bent arms etc... you will have to investigate this.

Ideally you want same same camber both sides around negative 1.5 deg for general road use.

There is plenty available adjustment for the front toe on the steering rack.

The N/S/F camber is an obvious issue and as previously stated you will require aftermarket top arms to adjust the front camber back to factory spec, however there must be a mechanical issue for it to be out so far.

Remember that the more you lower the car the more negative camber you will get.

You say that you have fitted camber and traction adjustable arms to the rear.

You will also have to fit an after market bolt kit to be able to dial the rear toe back in. (I have these in stock)

Best advise that I can give you is to take the car to a shop with the proper gear and also a shop who has a competent operator that knows their way around a 350Z who will be able to set the geometry up to suit your particular style of driving.