HELP PLEASE P0340

Smeab

Hi guys I’m running out of ideas, my 2003 350z UK spec has a no start issue, computers are coming up with codes bank cam sensor 1 and sometimes 2 (P0340) , both sensors have been replaced multiple times with OEM brands, wiring is saying there is current, don’t know what to do as it costs a fortune to get everything checked as it’s a non runner, paid for a mobile mechanic and all he did was try to start it 15 times and gave up, someone help please, when we do get the car to run it sounds like this before it dies: 

Hmm that’s weird, did you click on the Reddit link, it should have audio, crank position sensor has been tried, I’m not sure if the gearbox has been out recently as I haven’t owned this vehicle for long (bought it at a low price due to these issues) however the previous owner did supply gearbox oil as he said it needs topping up so maybe?

Okay, so you inherited the car with the non start problem???

If the gearbox has been out for a clutch/flywheel change and the new fly has not been fitted in the exact correct position then this would give you a difficult or non start issue.

The fly has pick up points which are triggered by the crank sensor.

You will have to get the timing checked by a competent technician who knows there way around a 350Z using the correct diagnostic equipment.

Other wise you will have to pull the box and check the flywheel position.

The above is only an informed guess as it could be one of many faults causing this issue, some very cheap to fix and others not so.

Also to clarify, I asked the owner when the issue happened, he said it was on a motorway drive and would cut out over 2k rpm, but was very intermittent at first and the problem seemed to get worse over time, idk if that’s anything to go off but thought I’d put it in there

4 minutes ago, Smeab said:

Ahhh yes sorry to clarify, it was the previous owner yes

In that case as a matter of course, If I was in this situation I would ignore every thing that the previous owner has stated and start with a clean canvas.

Back to basics, being methodical and process of elimination is the way forward if you want to fix yourself.

You might get lucky or you can trailer up to HD.

Good Luck.