350z won't start without pressing accelerator

RazzyB

Changed a cog and Supercharger belt on my 2004 350z like for like. I had to remove the intake pipe holding the MAF in order to remove the cog. After reassembly. The car started up fine. A few days later. The car is now struggling to start. cranking perfectly fine but will only start up after a few cranks and pumping the accelerator.

When this happened i had to get home from work and in doing so it drove fine. Idled a bit lumpy but not sure if I should expect this from a vortech 350z? When I got home. I turned the car off and tried to start it up again. Which it did without me having to pump the gas but still isn't starting up great. Very sluggish. Usually the car will rev up a bit on start up maybe spike to 2k then idle at 13/1400 and then slowly down to 700. but now it's only just hitting a 1k revs, dropping down, almost dying and then picking back up to idle at about 13/1400 revs. Any suggestions? I don't feel that the work I did has had an impact on this but I could be wrong.

thanks

Edited by RazzyB

• RazzyB changed the title to 350z won't start without pressing accelerator

Check that the pipe with the maf is sealed properly, otherwise you’ll be getting un metered air so the car will idle higher and also be lumpy cause it can’t match the air it’s getting cause it’s not calculating it properly 

if you don’t want to remove it again, can spray some brake cleaner around it whilst it running and see if it revs up ( try not to spray near the filter or it’ll Rev anyway ) 👍🏼

I took the intake pipe with the MAF on off today. Cleaned that and the Throttle body with maf cleaner. Started up alot better, do you think i should try and do a few of the pedal dance resets. Can't remember what they are. One for idle, one for throttle zero and one for throttle body right?