Passenger window stuck down

Tomato

Second car within 4 months with a window issue, why of why do they fail down 🤔

Anyway passenger window is stuck down, neither switch works to bring the window back up. Cannot hear anything happening on either side. Driver side fine, everything else in the car works.

Two questions if I may, any easy way to get window back up manually?

Second what is the usual suspect, switch, motor or something else. Have loosen door panel taken switch out but not look at it yet. Will be a job for tomorrow as light fades :(

Thanks for any help.

Have you started by checking the fuses? if neither are now doing anything would make sense to start here- is the window lock button on? sounds stupid but we’ve all done it, next would be removing the door car to check there’s power to the motor when switch is pulled? are you window seals clean and free moving? have a lot of issues if the rubber keeps grabbing the glass then the thermal trip either times out or blows the fuse 

Thanks, just went out to check it was not due to window lock and its not, which is a shame :)

Will do a fuse check in the morning.

Thinking about it, it failed when I put the roof back up, window automatically goes down when you put it back up,  then you have to manually put them back up, i know they had both been up prior to this as it was a little breezy.

Cleaned all the seal and gummi them few weeks back when we last saw a bit of sun. 

if not the fuse will get the volt meter out and start testing. Just realised also have 6 month RAC warranty, wonder if they cover this, bonus if they do.

Well, took off door panel and gave it a thump around where the motor is and blow me, its working 🤣

I assume that probably means the motor needs a clean or replacing soon, but most pleased the window is now up and seems to be working as it should, for now at least.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ive been having passenger window issues for months the window would go down but then not up, and id hear clicking noises from the switch.
Ive changed motors, switches and even the window regulator. Anyway tiday id had enough and decided to change the entire harness...lo and behold I found 6 wires had snapped jist around where the cable b8furcates to the window and the mirror bit, which would explain why when i wiggled the switch it would briefly work.
Once id rejoined and insulated the wire all window functions work.
I tested the other bits i bought now i have a spare motor and 3 spare window switches.
I suppose the moral of the story is before you shell out for parts...check the wiring if your window is malfunctioning.

• Like 2