HELP - EMERGENCY - I'm locked out of my 2006 Z roadster!!!

chadinark

I have real quandary here and I need help asap!  So the story is that my drivers door handle mechanism has been screwed up for a while on my 2006 roadster. I have the inside door panel off but the cables etc are just sitting there.  So I've started it but haven't finished and been meaning to forever but just haven't.  So like a dork I have to go around to the other door, lean in and open driver door from the inside.  Not a huge deal really just an annoyance. 

Well... so I haven't driven it in a while and the battery has run down.  Car is locked.  No big deal, I just go to driver's side and use key, right?  Well I can't because that doesn't work since I have it all tore down in there.  I then panic and walk around anxiously to the passenger door praying it has a keyhole as well since I've never really paid much attention, but it doesn't.  Thanks a lot Nissan.  So I don't know what to do.  I can't get in because only way I can get in is to use the fob to open the passenger door but the battery is dead.  I can't get the hood open to charge the battery because I can't get in car in first place to pop it open.  Any ideas???  Is there any way to pop the hood without using the latch on the inside of the car?  Any way to do it from the bottom maybe, if I could get the car jacked up? 

It won't even do me any good to call a locksmith because that's not the issue.  The door isn't really locked, it just won't open because I have the mechanism unhooked...

Any ideas are appreciated!!!  It's a US model (left side driver) btw although I don't see that would matter but just fyi.

Thanks very much everyone

1 hour ago, ZMANALEX said:

Just remove the front arch liner and give the entire bonnet cable a pull.

Thanks Sir

actually I got a locksmith out here and he popped open the drivers side in about 10 mins... I was just afraid a slim jim might not work in that area since there's no window frame, only window, but he got it no problem!  In the alternative he might have even been able to grab the hood latch with his tool from the drivers side but that wasn't necessary.

thanks again for the quick reply

• 1 year later...
On 13/01/2022 at 19:48, ZMANALEX said:

Just remove the front arch liner and give the entire bonnet cable a pull.

Hi, I have managed to let my batter run dead (370 Roadster) so without power the windows won't drop when I unlock manually and try to open the door so I can't get in without potentially damaging the window. Can you tell me if the bonnet cable is accessible from the near side or offside wheel arch? Thanks a lot.

This BTW is because I am a cheapskate and won't pay road tax for more than 6 months. Maybe need to rethink that.