To Z or not to Z

GTT8

Hi fellas, I'm in a market for a new car and I'd thought to come here to get some advice. I'm thinking of buying either the 350z or 370z (originally I was planning on getting a GT86 and SC/TC it but wtf is the point there).

What are some of the key things to look for when checking out used 350/370s - any specific areas that tend to rust worse than others?

I’ve driven all aside from a super charged 86, the z has so much driveability tbh, the 70 is much more refined but does take away from the raw driving experience you get from the z, the 86 is very very fun but also quite simple and effective at what it does, it was made to be an affordable sports car, it just doesn’t have the power the z has abs needs a little more maintenance than the 50 however because they’re newer probably on par/ a little less depending on the age and health. 
Fun fact the rear axle on the 86 weighs double the front axle so it’s very very easy to send it sideways without even trying, I know the same can be said to the z but it’s also got a good planting when needing. I guess it depends on what you’re looking for and willing to spend, the 86 will already set you back a lot which could be money to find you the perfect z and get the mods and maintenance you’d need, plus the 86 will still depreciate for a while 

back to your actual question,

Oem fans working

rusty arches 

clicking noise in 1st or reverse,

cam covers leaking 

gallery gaskets/ oil pressure mainly for hr 

bose system sub working / head unit skipping, 

Clutch not disengaging very well or dual flywheel knocking/ chattering

srs light on- pain in the ass