Can anyone tell me what I need to fix my 350z?

Arron285

I recently bought this 2004 JDM Nissan 350Z with Automatic transmission, it had hardly any MOT left on it but drove and handled really nice so I bought it anyway.

It has failed it's MOT, and I now need to find out what I need to do to get it to pass. See attached photo of MOT certificate, wondering if anyone has had similar problems.

I do have an aftermarket exhaust system already fitted on there, not sure what make it is as only recently bought the car but I can find out if you need.

I have been advised by a mechanic that it is most likely to either be the lambda sensor, or one of my catalytic converters is playing up and will need replacing.

Thanks in advance guys.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 4.10.24 PM.jpeg

Start with finding out what the error code is using an OBD scanner. Can't fix what you don't know. 

I'd also check for any exhaust leaks. You're failing on emissions, so if there's an exhaust leak that won't help and you'll need to get your cats hot when doing your emissions test. 

Decats would fail a visual inspection no? I mean if the tester is willing to fail on emissions, they'd also point out if its due to lack of cats. 

I'm tempted to ask you to share your registration plate. Wonder if it's failed before on emissions?