jwt induction

law350

hopefully he'll drop by and let me know his price in a bit. envy are £95, didnt know if this was good or not really?!?!

a decent price, they are all similarly priced tbh and thats £95 plus p&p usually works out approx £103 iirc

oh ok not too bad then when you compare to a typhoon.

just been listening to the youtube jwt sounds.......very nice sounding indeed.

Think i'll def have one when i get paid in a few days.

easy fit mate, approx 30 mins, instructions included

So as someone new to induction kits, what are the pros and cons? I am guessing.....

Pros

Sounds nice

Small increase in performance (anyone know how big?)

Bragging rights

Looks cool and shiny under the bonnet.

Cons

Higher fuel consumption

Higher insurance costs

Shouldnt affect your insurance, after all it was on when you bought it... And you thought it was standard... Didnt you!!!;)

Nope to the fuel consumption either....... Havnt noticed a difference myself but I have got the typhoon.

In the typhoons defence though, you do get more than the JWT. You get a box that helps with heat, you get a chrome z pipe, and you get a intake that fits down into the grill and forces the air into the cone. If you get the JWT you may need to get a heat shield (I dont know if phils comes with one) and then either a slam panel or a vent cut into the bumper to force air into the cone...

Oh and you get a nice carbon lid on the Typhoon!!

You may not see a difference in performance until you fit a plenum spacer, no point in having lots more air if its not going to get used!

PS.. Phil sells the typhoon too!!

I would have thought it wouldn't really make much difference to the economy, surely it's just pushing more cool air in...

(unless the ECU is pushing more petrol in to keep the air:fuel ratio...)

Alternatively, you put your foot down more to enjoy the sound... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The V6 growl is certainly there before albeit somewhat tamed, put the jwt popcharger on and its grin factor is defo worth the 95 squid... i rememeber putting mine on the first trip i made i ended up just cruising along at 4000 rpm and burying the throttle with the windows open ... i can honestly say it sounded like i had fitted a different exhaust the intake made that much of a growl, but whilst just normal driving its fairly inconspicious with its noise level.... gets a big thumbs up from me.... my somewhat little experiance is based upon not hearing any other makes of aftermarket induction system , and im just making a comparison between stock and the jwt kit... a few of the lads on here will be able to guide you in your choice, but as you will proberly see from there profiles most of them have the jwt already fitted...

• 2 weeks later...

Influenced by this thread bought and installed this! Great speedy service from ESR (Thanks Phil). No problems fitting it, just needed a really short stubby Phillips but got away with a flexible screwdriver to attach heat shield to duct. Definitely more aggressive sound, stock system too tame for me. Lining up an ESR 'K1' exhaust now - but really need to hear it in the flesh! Any South Londoners got one fitted??

Pics to follow when I can remember how to link to photobox!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea why pics keep disappearing, they are public in photobox so I copied address from properties and pasted that in message between img tags. I can see them in the message preview, might be something to do with he address I paste is only available to me when I am logged in to photobox?

I have added them as attachments this time!!