EUROPEAN IMPORT?

joel44w

Anyone ever encountered a European import from new into uk? 

Like what would of been done for a lot of german cars being bought new from germany but ordered to Right hand drive spec but being cheaper etc...

As im looking at purchasing a 350z but it is comming up as "previously registered overseas" on the HPI check and it says it on the logbook.

Car only is 2004 and was registered in 2004 and only has 2 owners from new.

Car also looks to be GT spec as it has all the gt extras on it but is only down as a 350z on log book.

image.png.5a9e698a6f0fb8cf3c9e47770454c531.png

When you import a vehicle in UK, DVLA takes all the original docs in echange for the UK ones. I recall that when I imported my old 2004 Mini (I am not a trader), I wasn't able to produce few certifications, and at the end the car was not classified as UK Mini and I ended up in paying £275 as annual road tax. A way to spot this is to check the plate number on insurers websites: if the car is not found, then it is worth to further investigate, as also the road tax is very likely to be different from a UK 350z one.