wheel arch lining..ever been done before???

mpturner1979

Apologies if this isn't the correct sub forum, bit of a strange one, so I wasn't sure where it best fit?

I wondered if anyone had attempted a DIY wheel arch lining before?  :) 

I lowered my Z last weekend with the Eibach Pro kit which looks awesome, however, since doing so, I've noticed a massive increase in cabin noise from the rear wheel arches, the tyres are flicking up gravel into the plastic liners, which is noticeably louder now than it was with the OEM springs.

Soooo....happy to be laughed out of hear, but I've bought a 2m roll of waterproof 3mm polyethylene foam, which I'm planning on cutting into 2 rear wheel arch liners and sticking to the existing plastic liners with some adhesive spray. I'm hoping that this this soft barrier will cancel out the majority of the noise from crap flicking up and hitting the hard plastic liners? I don't expect it to last forever, but for less than £15 all in, and an hours work on a Saturday morning, if it works, I'm happy to re-apply every few months.

I'm hoping to undertake my arts & craft project this weekend if the foam arrives in time, I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers