Rubber Foamy Coney Polishing Things

Stutopia

I've not done the tips for ages and I detest working away with my fingers when I can get a machine to do things for me, so I gave these a try. 

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 17.16.59.png

There's about a million different ways to buy these cheap things, here's the one I went for - here

The yellow one is notably more coarse, the other two there's not much in it.  I wasn't expecting much other than to reduce the first stage of cleaning up the worst of the carbon and a little spot of corrosion.

IMG_7201.jpeg

IMG_7203.jpeg

Used the cones in conjunction with the metal twins (and my drill), heavy polish on the yellow cone (get the sling off before you go near the car), then a few whirls around the inside and outside, about 5 mins effort including occasional wipe downs and inspections.

I was quite please after one pass (I did deal with some heavier soiling with 0000 wire wool briefly).

IMG_7208.jpeg

IMG_7206.jpeg

Finished up with the blue (not sure if that or orange is supposed to be polish) with the sealant, followed by a wipe down and the last of some C5 Wheel Armour I had knocking about.

IMG_7212.jpeg

IMG_7216.jpeg

As you can see they are not anywhere near a mirror finish, but they are exhaust tips after all and these have seen about 50,000 miles. If you had the car up in the air and wanted to give the back boxes + the resonator a good clean, these little guys would be invaluable.

At £12, they're about 24 times what they must cost to make, but still cheap enough. They will be good for another few uses and compared to most detailing costs, I can't fault them.

Got shot of that spot of rust too.

IMG_7219.jpeg

• Like 4