USA headlight - with DRL (daytime running light) Removal?

marzman

Hi guys,

I have a jdm car but i recently replaced the offside headlight with a USA spec unit. All worked perfectly until after i'd got it back together i noticed it has an extra bulb in it under where the amber reflector strip is on the side.

This is now permanently on when the sidelights are on, and looks sh!t.

So, i got in through the wheel arch and cut the wires leading to it, so it was simply taken out of the circuit to match the nearside headlight which doesnt have that bulb, but now, i get the fast flashing indicators when i signal right. I wasnt expecting this as surely the circuit is now the same as the nearside?

There were 3 wires (surprisingly) going to the bulb - Green (live), Black, and yellow, which i've not seen anywhere else on the headlight. Could this wire be the cause?

Anyway, im guessing now i need to put a resistor between the green and black wires to simulate the presence of the bulb... any ideas where i get one of these, or how too fit them? Is it a sealed unit which i attach the wires to, or do i have to fabricate a holder for it or something?

Cheers

Chris.

To be honest i think alot of people would want this DRL - but a set of fast flashing indicator is usually the sign of a broken relay, this is a generic fix not just unique to the zed so someone maybe able to give a more exact diagnosis

To be honest i think alot of people would want this DRL - but a set of fast flashing indicator is usually the sign of a broken relay, this is a generic fix not just unique to the zed so someone maybe able to give a more exact diagnosis

doubt it would be the relay as it's only affecting one side