Jump to content

Upgrading clutch. Need suggestions


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I am thinking of upgrading my clutch due to clutch slipping when car is launched from 1st gear and clutch fluid looking a bit dirty. I was definitely thinking of installing the  370z ZSpeed CMAK Clutch Movement Alteration Kit CSC Delete but I am not sure what clutch kit to go with as I want a light weight flywheel too and don't want a super heavy clutch. Has anyone had a 370z JWT Jim Wolf Technology flywheel and clutch kit - 14lb light flywheel fitted or is there anything better? Any suggestions would be great thanks.

TbtOuYw.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi buddy, we sold hundreds of JWT kits throughout Europe and always have these in stock. There are 2 options we do:

 

1. Nodular iron flywheel and uprated clutch - similar to OEM setup and feel, but single mass, less chatter at idle\

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/1444-370z-jwt-jim-wolf-technology-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-26lb-nodular-flywheel-and-900kg-clutch-l3507-ncfsh.html

 

2. Light aluminium flywheel and uprated clutch - similar to OEM feel, single mass, slightly more chatter at idle, faster acceleration.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/13721-370z-jwt-jim-wolf-technology-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-14lb-light-flywheel-and-1200kg-clutch-l3507-nchroktb.html

 

On the CSC, you can go for the uprated CSC, cheaper than the CMAK and will most likely outlast your ownership of the car, we've been selling hundreds of these too, not heard of 1 failing yet.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/18779-370z-torqen-heavy-duty-concentric-slave-cylinder-csc-trq-vhr-csc.html

 

Fluid, you can go for the Motul RBF 600:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/brakes/fluid/2067-370z-motul-rbf-600-racing-brake-fluid-dot-4-100949.html

 

2 bottles should be enough to flush the whole system and have a bit ready for top-up if required.

 

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask if you have further questions. 

 

All the above are ready for delivery on Tuesday anyway Mainland UK.

 

Adrian

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2020 at 16:49, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi buddy, we sold hundreds of JWT kits throughout Europe and always have these in stock. There are 2 options we do:

 

1. Nodular iron flywheel and uprated clutch - similar to OEM setup and feel, but single mass, less chatter at idle\

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/1444-370z-jwt-jim-wolf-technology-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-26lb-nodular-flywheel-and-900kg-clutch-l3507-ncfsh.html

 

2. Light aluminium flywheel and uprated clutch - similar to OEM feel, single mass, slightly more chatter at idle, faster acceleration.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/clutch-flywheel-packs/13721-370z-jwt-jim-wolf-technology-flywheel-and-clutch-kit-14lb-light-flywheel-and-1200kg-clutch-l3507-nchroktb.html

 

On the CSC, you can go for the uprated CSC, cheaper than the CMAK and will most likely outlast your ownership of the car, we've been selling hundreds of these too, not heard of 1 failing yet.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/18779-370z-torqen-heavy-duty-concentric-slave-cylinder-csc-trq-vhr-csc.html

 

Fluid, you can go for the Motul RBF 600:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/brakes/fluid/2067-370z-motul-rbf-600-racing-brake-fluid-dot-4-100949.html

 

2 bottles should be enough to flush the whole system and have a bit ready for top-up if required.

 

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask if you have further questions. 

 

All the above are ready for delivery on Tuesday anyway Mainland UK.

 

Adrian

what bushing does the flywheel come with if i get the light weight aluminium flywheel? As I am sure you can get the bronze bushing or the needle bearing but not sure what is more reliable.

Also I guess if you say that the heavy duty CSC won't fail then I just might get that because it is a lot cheaper then the CMAK.

I heard that people in US have CSC failures that is why I was thinking of doing the delete. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slikenades said:

what bushing does the flywheel come with if i get the light weight aluminium flywheel? As I am sure you can get the bronze bushing or the needle bearing but not sure what is more reliable.

Also I guess if you say that the heavy duty CSC won't fail then I just might get that because it is a lot cheaper then the CMAK.

I heard that people in US have CSC failures that is why I was thinking of doing the delete. 

 

 

This one: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/641-370z-act-pilot-bearing-pb1012.html

 

Yes, the failures are on the OEM CSC, not on the upgrade version / heavy duty one. 

 

This is the OEM CSC:

 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/641-370z-act-pilot-bearing-pb1012.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

This one: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/641-370z-act-pilot-bearing-pb1012.html

 

Yes, the failures are on the OEM CSC, not on the upgrade version / heavy duty one. 

 

This is the OEM CSC:

 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/powertrain/ancillaries/641-370z-act-pilot-bearing-pb1012.html

Thanks for your help Adrian.

I just have one last question. Is the chatter at idle very loud with the lightweight flywheel or is it bearable?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're coming from OEM clutch and flywheel, it will be a lot louder than the dual mass OEM setup. If you had an aftermarket clutch and flywheel before, it will be slightly louder, not such a big impact. As soon as you drive away you won't hear it anymore. 

You should hear a GTR with the dry sump design, sounds like a bag of nails, much worse than the 370z with light flywheel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I have filled up the basket on TORQEN with the clutch kit and CSC, clutch fluid, gearbox oil, diff oil (these are just extra because I never changed the fluids) and the stainless steel clutch line which I guess I will need due to the higher clutch clamping force. Is there anything else I will need for this job?

Edited by slikenades
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2020 at 14:57, Adrian@TORQEN said:

If you're coming from OEM clutch and flywheel, it will be a lot louder than the dual mass OEM setup. If you had an aftermarket clutch and flywheel before, it will be slightly louder, not such a big impact. As soon as you drive away you won't hear it anymore. 

You should hear a GTR with the dry sump design, sounds like a bag of nails, much worse than the 370z with light flywheel. 

I ordered everything for the clutch upgrade. Will fit it on the weekend at work. I'll try to make a before and after video of the revs and post it.

Thanks for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, slikenades said:

I ordered everything for the clutch upgrade. Will fit it on the weekend at work. I'll try to make a before and after video of the revs and post it.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you, shipped today, should be there tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...